Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
BogDog

Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)

Postby BogDog » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:49 pm

This one actually made me cry. Farewell, and thanks for all those wonderful songs and treasured moments.

Christine McVie, Keyboardist and Singer for Fleetwood Mac, Dead at 79

Christine McVie, the longtime co-lead vocalist, keyboardist, and songwriter for Fleetwood Mac, has died. She was 79.

The band confirmed McVie’s death in a note shared on social media. “There are no words to describe our sadness at the passing of Christine McVie. She was truly one-of-a-kind, special and talented beyond measure. She was the best musician anyone could have in their band and the best friend anyone could have in their life. We were so lucky to have a life with her. Individually and together, we cherished Christine deeply and are thankful for the amazing memories we have. She will be so very missed.”

In a statement, McVie’s family said she died today, Nov. 30, at a hospital “following a short illness.” The statement continued: “She was in the company of her family. We kindly ask that you respect the family’s privacy at this extremely painful time, and we would like everyone to keep Christine in their hearts and remember the life of an incredible human being, and revered musician who was loved universally. RIP Christine McVie.”

McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970. She went on to write (and co-write) some of the band’s most memorable songs, including the Rumours classics “Don’t Stop” and “You Make Loving Fun,” as well as “Hold Me,” “Little Lies,” and “Over My Head.” Though she stuck with the band through some pretty tumultuous years, especially during the early Nineties, she left the group after their big 1998 reunion tour. After a lengthy hiatus off the stage and out of the public eye, she returned to Fleetwood Mac in 2014 and was playing with them as recently as 2019.

Christine always played SONGBIRD at the end of Fleetwood Mac concerts, so fitting that I present it for her last performance. Rest In Peace.

LINK: https://youtu.be/eLRyYETnoIE

:cry:
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Duncan Edwards

Re: Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:21 pm

Dang. How could she be 79? I have a difficult time with some of my youthful idols ever getting older. She was a relatively unsung part of a great band.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:08 pm

Fleetwood Mac opened their concerts with Christine’s song “Say You Love Me,” which was one of many good ones. I didn’t know that she was that old. Another sad passing.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:40 am

STEVIE NICKS:

“ A few hours ago I was told that my best friend in the whole world since the first day of 1975, had passed away. I didn’t even know she was Ill.

Until late Saturday night, I wanted to be in London; I wanted to get to London — but we were told to wait. So, since Saturday, one song has been swirling around in my head, over and over and over. I thought I might possibly get to sing it to her and so, I’m singing it to her now. I always knew I would need these words one day.”

Nicks then wrote out the lyrics to the third verse of Haim’s “Hallelujah,” which reflects on the death of a friend and cherishing the memories they made.

I had a best friend but she has come to pass
One I wish I could see now
You always remind me that memories will last
These arms reach out

You were there to protect me like a shield
Long hair, running with me through the field
Everywhere, you’ve been with me all along.
Hallelujah.”

Nicks signed off her note by writing to McVie, “See you on the other side, my love. Don’t forget me.”

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:32 am

:(
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:50 am

MICK FLEETWOOD:

"Part of my heart has flown away today."

“This is a day where my dear sweet Friend Christine McVie has taken to flight… and left us earthbound folks to listen with bated breath to the sounds of that ‘song bird,’ reminding one and all that love is all around us to reach for and touch in this precious life that is gifted to us.”

“I will miss everything about you Christine McVie. Memories abound… they fly to me.”

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:29 pm

such a class act, she will be missed
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Return to “Off Topic”