Question for the Professionals--Firearms and Video/Movie Production

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
TK421

Re: Question for the Professionals--Firearms and Video/Movie Production

Postby TK421 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:24 pm

Mynock wrote:Thanks to all for the insight. :) I was being argued with that the person in question was just an actor and not responsible for any accidental discharges.

But since said actor was also the movie's producer, who was responsible for hiring a totally unprofessional shithead and allowed live fire gun play on the movie set, he's definitely cuplable.

Actor or not, Gun Safety is everyone’s responsibility. I really can’t stress that enough. If someone hands me a firearm with the slide forward, and tells me “Gun is clear”, I don’t care how long I’ve known that person, I’m checking that firearm myself to make sure that it is most certainly clear. You will be amazed how often even life long firearms owners will walk into a gun shop or gun smith with their “cleared” gun only for us to pull the slide back to check and a cartridge falls out.

Same thing for firearms on set. Cold Gun? Are you sure? Did you check? These are questions that should be being asked on a consistent basis every single time you are handed a firearm. How or why that wasn’t taught out of the gate before this incident is beyond me, or maybe it was and the actor didn’t listen. It’s just tragic that it took this incident for the actor to learn this lesson.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Return to “Off Topic”