Gamers Unite!

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Re: Gamers Unite!

Postby Mynock » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:06 pm

spunkee311 wrote:Just played the demo for Left 4 Dead 2. Its amazazing!

Just tried it out myself. Lots of new enemies, lots of new guns and the melee weapons are awesome. I went through half of the last level just wacking zombies over the head with a frying pan. :lol:
--<edit>--
Hey did you find the chainsaw anywhere? Looked all over for it but didn't see it.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Mynock wrote:
spunkee311 wrote:Just played the demo for Left 4 Dead 2. Its amazazing!

Just tried it out myself. Lots of new enemies, lots of new guns and the melee weapons are awesome. I went through half of the last level just wacking zombies over the head with a frying pan. :lol:
--<edit>--
Hey did you find the chainsaw anywhere? Looked all over for it but didn't see it.

No I think its in the main game though.

av77

Postby av77 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 am

Btw the chainsaw is awesome :) and everything about the new l4d rocks

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:53 am

Made it through the whole thing on single player. Pretty sweet. I like how all the campaigns continue into one another, makes for a more entertaining 'plot'.
I still like the frying pan. Nothing makes a more satisfying noise then cast iron caving in a zombie head. I'm also in love with that scoped semi-auto. Equip it with a laser sight and you get the best of the M-16 and Hunting Rifle combined into one weapon.
Two complaints. The AI that controls your buddies needs some tweaking. They're not as good at staying with you and covering your back as they are in the first one. Also, the developers need to get with reality and realize that pistols don't have unlimited ammo.
--Sun Tzu

av77

Postby av77 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:22 am

Ya the bot thing is true, they always seem to just run around when your being pumbled by something. Another thing that kinda bugs me is that bots cant pick up the pipe bombs or such still, kinda a waist when you see em and cant pick em up :/

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 am

I'm ok with that. Computers should not be allowed to have homeade grenades. 8-)
On that topic, I havn't seen them use a melee weapon either.
--Sun Tzu

av77

Postby av77 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:00 am

Haha good point , iv seen them use a few melee weps but they usually stick to their guns for who know what reason

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:21 am

Yeah the bot AI isn't that impressive... but then again, it is supposed to be a multiplayer cooperative game rather than a singleplayer game. Sinlgplayer mode is a back-up option for if you have no friends and you aren't willing to play with strangers.

I always play with with at least friend, and depending on mood either play with one or two stangers or play with one or two bots.

Annoyingly earlier tonight I was armed with the grenade launcher and then had to go away from my keyboard briefly, so chose the "take a break" option so my character would be played by a bot for a minute. The AI swapped the grenade launcher for a common type of shotgun. Aaargh!

Of course, the alternative where players get teamkilled by a bot armed with a grenade launcher would be rather annoying... I guess they decided to err on the side of caution and not let them handle explosives.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:21 am

Picked up "Soul Calibur Legends" for Wii- bought it used, as the reviews were terrible. The reviewers were right- no skill required- shake the Wii remote fast enough and the character will do enough moves to win. The campaign is interesting, though, and I am better at "hack & slash" with the Wii remote than a standard game controller (as in SC2). Giving my daughter a challenge for a change! :twisted:

I SO wish I knew somebody who was a Wii developer- I could get the Wii remote to recognize the basic sword moves- either stick & board or greatsword. For a really good sim of two-sword you'd need to use two remotes per player, unless you just use the second sword as a shield, and make the "shield bash" move a sword attack in two-sword. Another problem is that the Wii remote is so light that you can do things with it that you can't do with a real sword. You might need to do something like create a weighted sword grip to go over the remote. . . :ugeek:
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:28 am

nachtjaeger wrote:Picked up "Soul Calibur Legends" for Wii- bought it used, as the reviews were terrible. The reviewers were right- no skill required- shake the Wii remote fast enough and the character will do enough moves to win. The campaign is interesting, though, and I am better at "hack & slash" with the Wii remote than a standard game controller (as in SC2). Giving my daughter a challenge for a change! :twisted:

I SO wish I knew somebody who was a Wii developer- I could get the Wii remote to recognize the basic sword moves- either stick & board or greatsword. For a really good sim of two-sword you'd need to use two remotes per player, unless you just use the second sword as a shield, and make the "shield bash" move a sword attack in two-sword. Another problem is that the Wii remote is so light that you can do things with it that you can't do with a real sword. You might need to do something like create a weighted sword grip to go over the remote. . . :ugeek:

Actually, you can develop games for the Wii using Flash and the built in browser that would use the controller in that manner... or a mouse pointer. :roll:

Sad thing is that many developers DON'T know what to do with the Wii in general. I mean, hell, Sega did a Star Wars arcade game that had the perfect scene what could work on the system, the Darth Vader duel scenes from the second and third movies. :ugeek: And what do you end up seeing on the system? A bunch of extremely childish games that normally take 5 minutes to do. :? So much wasted potential... :evil:

In other game related news, there's another beta going on for the PS3 that everyone might still be able to sign up for. The game in question is Bad Company 2 and, at this point in the beta, it only feels like they're testing out the basic mechanics and player load on a single level. :roll: I honestly don't know why they haven't done more testing in other levels or have the ability to file bug reports from within the game, like M.A.G, but it's still pretty fun. For a beta key, head over to http://www.fileplanet.com and look for the Bad Company 2 beta key sign up link, though you'll need an account with fileplanet to do so. Alternatively, you can follow Sony's Playstation facebook and twitter pages for beta keys as they are announced.

Lastly, if no one is playing Soul Calibur 4 online, is it due to the series dropping the quicksand stages? :lol: But in all seriousness, I'm only asking as it appears to be difficult to find people to play against on PSN. If anyone is interested, drop me a line at ayanematrix via PSN.

Return to “Off Topic”