Christmas Contest Ideas

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
stevensenechal

Christmas Contest Ideas

Postby stevensenechal » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:42 pm

With so many of the Fans lamenting the fact that there was so little time to come up with a Halloween Quicksand Story, perhaps someone could take the bull by the horns and come up with a contest for Christmas. In this thread we could bounce around ideas for the contest and maybe one of the moderators could decide on a worthy topic. I thought a Christmas Photomanipulation Contest would be appropriate ( there are alot of Fans doing photomanips ). It could read like 'Best Babe in Quicksand Sporting a Santa Hat' or some such thing.... :roll:

MODERATORS EDIT - Off topic pictures removed.
Arrakis trains the faithful.

Duncan Edwards

Re: Christmas Contest Ideas

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:22 am

stevensenechal wrote:...and maybe one of the moderators could decide on a worthy topic.

Contests are fine. Everyone feel free to create all you like but moderators only moderate. The rest is up to all of you.

MODERATORS EDIT AND POSTSCRIPT - It was suggested that I add a few words of explanation as to why this topic was moved from "General Discussion" to this forum. We try to give relatively great amount of lattitude to subjects and subject matter here. I admit that it is a gray area but sometimes the line is crossed where we risk becoming just another chat board. This topic was hardly begun before it degenerated into substantial silliness including flaunting rules and taunting the mods. This led to the action that was taken. Sorry I hadn't mentioned it earlier but possibly it wasn't as obvious to others as it was to me. I was just trying to keep the moderating noise to a minumum.

This isn't the beginning of some big crackdown. Let's just all try to keep in mind what the place is about and try to stay a bit more focused. Thanks.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:28 pm

I always thought that the best follow-up to the Hallowe'en contest would be one for Valentine's Day.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

KavenBach

Postby KavenBach » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 pm

I kind of agree with Lomax. The problem with X-Mas is that it lends itself rather less to the sinking concept. Then again as I'm thinking this an idea pops up... regardless, assuming I'm around this time to spot said contest I may well enter.
"Of all the roads that lead to nowhere, I chose the longest one." -'Goober'

"Don't worry, I seem to have found an even longer one." -Me

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:46 pm

KavenBach wrote:I kind of agree with Lomax. The problem with X-Mas is that it lends itself rather less to the sinking concept. Then again as I'm thinking this an idea pops up... regardless, assuming I'm around this time to spot said contest I may well enter.

Now that the Grinch and his sidekick have had their say :lol: anyone with ideas for a Christmas Contest may entertain their ideas here. A Christmas without sinking is a Christmas not worth having...( Though your volunteering to pilot the Valentine's Quicksand Story Contest: My Muddy Valentine is appreciated Mr. Lomax as I do not wish to become the Bob Barker of the Quicksand Contest world by running yet another contest... :D )

KavenBach

Postby KavenBach » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 am

stevensenechal wrote:Now that the Grinch and his sidekick have had their say :lol:

HEY! I'm OFFENDED! :shock:

...I'll have you know I'm a lot prettier than that poor dog is. :lol:
"Of all the roads that lead to nowhere, I chose the longest one." -'Goober'

"Don't worry, I seem to have found an even longer one." -Me

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:16 am

stevensenechal wrote:Your volunteering to pilot the Valentine's Quicksand Story Contest: My Muddy Valentine is appreciated Mr. Lomax as I do not wish to become the Bob Barker of the Quicksand Contest world by running yet another contest.

Pardon? Did I voulunteer for anything? I didn't hear me.

In any case, it might be an idea to concentrate on ONE competition at a time.

Who, what, when, where or why is Bob Barker?
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:18 am

KavenBach wrote:
stevensenechal wrote:Now that the Grinch and his sidekick have had their say :lol:

HEY! I'm OFFENDED!

...I'll have you know I'm a lot prettier than that poor dog is.

The Grinch? I have a vague idea that he's green and has the voice of Jim Carrey. I know nothing of any dog.

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:29 am

Lomax wrote:Who, what, when, where or why is Bob Barker?

How can you consider yourself a patriotic American and not know who Bob Barker is? :lol: I'm Canadian and Bob practically raised me on daytime television! BTW, if this image survives the night I'm a monkey's uncle....

MODERATORS EDIT - Off Topic Image Removed

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:35 am

stevensenechal wrote:How can you consider yourself a patriotic American and not know who Bob Barker is?

Oh, I'm patriotic all right. To my great relief, however, I'm not American. I'm deeply insulted that you think I am. The only way you could insult me worse would be to call me a Manchester United supporter.

And before anyone takes offense, my tongue is in my cheek. Part way, at least.

So - Bob Barker is a 150-year-old man....

Return to “Off Topic”