Mud Baths (from General Discussion)

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
dougiezerts

Mud Baths (from General Discussion)

Postby dougiezerts » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:51 am

Have any of you ever taken a spa mud bath, as opposed to wallowing in an outdoor pit?
My girlfriend and I took one, once. Unfortunately, it really wasn't mud. It was heated water with moor mud mix with it. However, as part of the treatment, we both got mud "painted" on us by one of the staff. It was great, but not the same as lying in a big tub of thick mud!

mudxdresser

Re: Mud Baths

Postby mudxdresser » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:29 am

Been there, done that, uh, in Calistoga, California, among various places, problem is, most spa's, by the 1960's or so, had sort of got wise to the fact that all these old folks were in that mud masturbatin' fer all they were worth, so, they, went an ruined it by puttin' in volcanic ash and other stuff to make the mud all gritty and not worth doin'...

Golden Door, or somesuch, in Calistoga used to do a steam and mud thing for couples where they'd give you mud to smear on yourself and leave you alone for 'bout a half hour so you could get it on, but, really, it wasn't exactly a mudbath even though it was good fun for a few minutes, 'till, you realized, you really wanted more...

Bottom line, there are spas that have mud, but, they ruin it, uh, at least fer us...

QSMud

Re: Mud Baths (from General Discussion)

Postby QSMud » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:11 am

Hmm... when I was young and first found out about this whole mud thing, Calistoga was one of the first places I found out about. I remember going to the library and using the computer to search, most of the hits came from newspapers, and that meant microfilm.

Anyway, I finally got the chance to go and I did a bit of research to find that Indian Springs is one of the only that use only volcanic ash and no peat to make their mud baths. It's really suctiony and smooth.

http://www.indianspringscalistoga.com/? ... a_mudbaths

So, I drove through Napa, walked in and ordered a mud bath and half massage. It was wonderful. Perhaps a bit weird having to walk through the room to the mudbath naked and have the attendant scoop mud all over your naked body, but other than that, great!

Now, I've gotten a chance to play in outdoor mud a few times. Once at a quarry, neck deep, a few times neck deep in mudholes, and this still was great. Even though there was no sexual release to it, it was just the experience that was great.

Perhaps one of the best parts of me going there was letting caution to the wind and not worrying about anything. You're supposed to take a mudbath there. I've never been comfortable naked in front of people other than my wife, but I just didn't care.

It was a good experience. Oddly, the cucumber water tasted nice in the heat after the sauna, and the massage was wonderful. The website claims 10 minutes in the mud... I think they left me for 20, by which time I was floating to the top anyway.

$149 well spent.
Last edited by QSMud on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

QSMud

Postby QSMud » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:19 am

k

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:28 am

k?...I assume you mean the immortal Kula Shaker first album "K"...as in Krishna!...oh...well...maybe not!...

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:03 am

I would love to take a true mud bath, I remember when I was a kid I would have dreams about filling my bathtub at home full of mud but I would always wake up before jumping in. My ears have always perked up when I hear about spas offering mud baths.

QsMud, if the mud bath was suctiony and smooth, why was there no sexual release to it? Was it not private, or was there some other reason?
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

QSMud

Postby QSMud » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 am

No, at that place you're in a room with 6 baths (men only.) Also, I don't feel that would be appropriate or clean, since they do reuse the mud.

I went in knowing that it would be for "the feel of it" only. To sum it up, it was exciting because it had been a dream for quite some time and had to interact with people... it was relaxing especially with the massage, and involved sinking in mud!

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:05 am

The best commercial mudbaths I know of are down in Columbia in several of the mud volcanos more or less near Cartegena...rather edgy places to travel...I can't recommend 'em...mud is said to be rather sulfurous...not all that warm...too many locals all around tryin' to make a dollar...but...deep, thick, and creamy...

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:05 am

mudxdresser wrote:The best commercial mudbaths I know of are down in Columbia in several of the mud volcanos more or less near Cartegena...rather edgy places to travel...I can't recommend 'em...mud is said to be rather sulfurous...not all that warm...too many locals all around tryin' to make a dollar...but...deep, thick, and creamy...

Check out this on YouTube, as well as the Related Videos there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJOpgmH9rlE&NR=1
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Belleinboots

Postby Belleinboots » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:46 am

Just over 10 years ago and early into my relationship with my partner, we took a whistle stop tour of the West Coast.

We took a day trip to the Napa Valley and the wine country.
En-route back to San Francisco, where we were staying, we stopped off in Calistoga. At the time I had no idea it was a spa town and much to my joy (and aroused interest :D ) I discovered that there were mud baths.

Now those who know me here, probably know that my partner is not one for getting muddy (For those who don't, I will probably be explaining such experiences, or lack thereof, in the "Signicant Other" thread started in the BB, soon).

Anyway with a promise of a massage afterwards, as well bestowing upon her, the therapeutic and beautifying benefits of being naked in a mud bath, she finally relented and agreed to participate.

The spa we went to thankfully, had an opening, mainly because it was was a weekday and Autumn. To my further excitement and to my partner's chagrin, I discovered there was a more private "couples" mud bath room and it was available to us. The baths were actually side by side. we undressed, showered and then got in the nice warm mud, which I think was a mixture of clay like mud and peat. (I think they called it "moor mud").

As soon as the attendant left the room and we were alone I made my move and pulled myself up and crossed the divide into the adjacent bath. My partner was apprehensive saying something like "What if the attendant comes in!", but my aroused mindset was made up.

After a brief but pleasurable play together I relucantly clamboured back into my own mud bath for the remainder of the time, for further self pleasuring. When the attendant returned she us gave a "knowing look" as there were tell tale signs from what transpired before her return... The trail of mud between the two baths and also the spill over onto the floor from when I got into an already full mud bath, proving that Archimedes theory applies to bog bath substances, not just bath water!

The post mud bath spa treatment was also mellowing and where I was already content and relaxed, the 1/2 hour massage made me even more relaxed to the point my muscles went to bed before I did and I could hardly walk, let alone drive back to the hotel that evening!

Now, since then, I have made several of my own "bog baths", getting the idea, from someone in the old ASFWAM newsgroup of yore. I used bags or bales of Irish moss peat, (sphagnum peat) in my bathtub at home, however initially I learned a few valuable lessons in creating a peat bath.

First of all peat is very absorbant and spongelike and can swell 3 to 4 times in size when wet, so at one point I had a mini "bogburst" out onto the bathroom floor, when I started with too much peat in the tub.

The second lesson is that peat is very fibrous and clings to any kind of body hair, even very fine, unnoticeable, feminine body hair and is a devil to get off when it comes to cleansing.

The 3rd lesson is, unless you want to really clog your drain pipe up, you should remove as much of the contents from the bath as possible before washing out the tub. Perhaps use a strainer over the plug hole, so only the bog water goes down the drain and the dried peat remains behind, to be scooped out dumped onto the garden or stored somewhere to live another day.

Also, lastly, languishing too long in one's self made peat bath gives you something of a "peat tan" which can last through a couple of showers. Overall speaking from experience your own personal bog bath can be much cheaper than a spa treatment and great fun especially when shared.

Alison
Alison Bell
"Don't step there... those flowers only grow over mudpits"

Return to “Off Topic”