Mud Baths (from General Discussion)

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
nachtjaeger

Re: Mud Baths (from General Discussion)

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat May 02, 2009 12:24 am

Every so often I forget exactly why I started going on these forums.

Then a personal experience story like this brings it all back. Wow. . .

It may sound trite, but thanks for sharing!!!! :D

Belleinboots wrote:Just over 10 years ago and early into my relationship with my partner, we took a whistle stop tour of the West Coast.

We took a day trip to the Napa Valley and the wine country.
En-route back to San Francisco, where we were staying, we stopped off in Calistoga. At the time I had no idea it was a spa town and much to my joy (and aroused interest :D ) I discovered that there were mud baths.

Now those who know me here, probably know that my partner is not one for getting muddy (For those who don't, I will probably be explaining such experiences, or lack thereof, in the "Signicant Other" thread started in the BB, soon).

Anyway with a promise of a massage afterwards, as well bestowing upon her, the therapeutic and beautifying benefits of being naked in a mud bath, she finally relented and agreed to participate.

The spa we went to thankfully, had an opening, mainly because it was was a weekday and Autumn. To my further excitement and to my partner's chagrin, I discovered there was a more private "couples" mud bath room and it was available to us. The baths were actually side by side. we undressed, showered and then got in the nice warm mud, which I think was a mixture of clay like mud and peat. (I think they called it "moor mud").

As soon as the attendant left the room and we were alone I made my move and pulled myself up and crossed the divide into the adjacent bath. My partner was apprehensive saying something like "What if the attendant comes in!", but my aroused mindset was made up.

After a brief but pleasurable play together I relucantly clamboured back into my own mud bath for the remainder of the time, for further self pleasuring. When the attendant returned she us gave a "knowing look" as there were tell tale signs from what transpired before her return... The trail of mud between the two baths and also the spill over onto the floor from when I got into an already full mud bath, proving that Archimedes theory applies to bog bath substances, not just bath water!

The post mud bath spa treatment was also mellowing and where I was already content and relaxed, the 1/2 hour massage made me even more relaxed to the point my muscles went to bed before I did and I could hardly walk, let alone drive back to the hotel that evening!

Now, since then, I have made several of my own "bog baths", getting the idea, from someone in the old ASFWAM newsgroup of yore. I used bags or bales of Irish moss peat, (sphagnum peat) in my bathtub at home, however initially I learned a few valuable lessons in creating a peat bath.

First of all peat is very absorbant and spongelike and can swell 3 to 4 times in size when wet, so at one point I had a mini "bogburst" out onto the bathroom floor, when I started with too much peat in the tub.

The second lesson is that peat is very fibrous and clings to any kind of body hair, even very fine, unnoticeable, feminine body hair and is a devil to get off when it comes to cleansing.

The 3rd lesson is, unless you want to really clog your drain pipe up, you should remove as much of the contents from the bath as possible before washing out the tub. Perhaps use a strainer over the plug hole, so only the bog water goes down the drain and the dried peat remains behind, to be scooped out dumped onto the garden or stored somewhere to live another day.

Also, lastly, languishing too long in one's self made peat bath gives you something of a "peat tan" which can last through a couple of showers. Overall speaking from experience your own personal bog bath can be much cheaper than a spa treatment and great fun especially when shared.

Alison
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Off Topic”