Paranormal Activity

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Paranormal Activity

Postby Mynock » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:53 am

It's only a movie. It's only a movie. It's only a movie. I know it's only a movie because I went to a movie theater and watched it which means it has to be only a movie....
*clunk-bang sound of furnace kicking on*
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
*cowardly dive under the bed*
Ok, I'm exaggerating. But only slightly. I havn't been that freaked out by a movie since I was in kindergarten and my older cousins let me watch "Alien" with them. I'm pretty sure my girlfriend isn't going to sleep for a week. GO SEE THIS!!!!!
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Scarol

Re: Paranormal Activity

Postby Scarol » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:09 am

This this movie so scared what they say?
I heard storys of people they scream hard, or have nightmare's about the movie.
Or people that go hide in the corner of the class and don't move a mouscle.
Work to live....or live to work...

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:59 am

I saw it. It had its moments. Nothing really special in my opinion. Every 5 or 6 years they try to market a movie that is soo scary, that you won't even survive watching it. They said the same thing about the Ring when it was first released. Now look at that movie lol.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 pm

I was really looking forward to watcing it, and my father went and watched it with a friend, really looking forward to being scared. He said it was rubbish, wasn't frightening in the slightest. Mostly just doors moving slightly and lights flickering, the only scary bit being where she's dragged off the bed suddenly, and something else happens in the final two minutes. He was really pissed off. Bored for most of the film.

Having objects move slightly or fall over or have creepy sounds play on a film recorded on home video camera might make things more realistic and believable, but something more than that is going to need to happen to scare any of us.

Bear in mind that my father is not immune to scary movies. He is often scared by scary movies. And he was practically traumatised when he saw "The Entity" in the cinema back in the 80s.

Note that I'm not trying to troll or annoy anyone... I just want to know... what the hell is supposed to be so scary in this film? I don't mind spoilers, spill the beans. My father pretty much did already, but I want to know, what scared you guys?

Return to “Off Topic”