Some Fall Shipping Pics

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Re: Some Fall Shipping Pics

Postby kham » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:00 am

Some shots approaching Thunder Bay Thursday, air temp around -8C before the windchill , and a couple bonus shots :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anna_Sinks

Postby Anna_Sinks » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Thats kick ass. I have driven over the Mackinac Bridge a few times watching the ships roll along. I have seen many large ships in ports around the great lakes. Also a good many rolling under the Ambasador, and Blue Water Bridges as well in Detroit and Port Huron, Mi.
Very nice photos.
"The truth shall set you free, and make you insane all at the same time!"
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:34 pm

Thanks , we do try :)

Here's some more updates, will try and keep shooting as time and weather allows :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:21 am

You're office has a hell of a view. This time of year I bet you wish they'd turn the AC down though. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Mynock wrote:You're office has a hell of a view. ... 8-)

As I sit surrounded by walls and a window with a nice view of the truck yard in an 85 year old chemical plant, I can tell you for certain that is a benefit to be treasured.

My view hasn't changed for fourteen years as of today. Ken, feel free to share with us anytime the mood strikes. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:30 pm

I think pilots have a similar saying, 'the view from the fortieth floor' -- it might get tiring at times, but its rarely boring :)

Down in Sarnia floating by, be in Toledo this evening, unload, cleanup then load salt in WIndsor -- then likely lose 2+ days for some pretty nasty weather coming in (se going sw, 40k+, 16 foot seas - hard getting into the canal at Port Colborne there :P

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Hot off the camera today :)

Looks like going to be a pretty crappy week weather wise

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:38 am

The Welland Canal is for wimps. Take the Niagara River, and save the tolls. :twisted:

Srsly, great pix. Do you ever get as far East as Oswego or the St. Lawrence?

kham wrote:I think pilots have a similar saying, 'the view from the fortieth floor' -- it might get tiring at times, but its rarely boring :)

Down in Sarnia floating by, be in Toledo this evening, unload, cleanup then load salt in WIndsor -- then likely lose 2+ days for some pretty nasty weather coming in (se going sw, 40k+, 16 foot seas - hard getting into the canal at Port Colborne there :P
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:13 am

Depends on the orders; right now we have a trip supposedly in the schedule for salt to Cote St Catherine Wharf, above the Cote lock in Montreal, but thats a bit in the future. This week is going to be a washout mostly , with gales starting tonight and looking to persist thru Saturday (the NOAA wave model page is interesting, dont think I have ever seen the colour code get into blood red before :P )

Still trying to get into Toledo, traffic at dock held us up, and prob be around 0700 now before get tied up

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:56 pm

Unloading in Toledo

Return to “Off Topic”