Verizon cell phone service- yes or no?

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
nachtjaeger

Re: Verizon cell phone service- yes or no?

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:25 am

I had a couple of highly unpleasant incidents with my cell phones until I learned not to carry the thing in the watch pocket of my jeans. Luckily I knew enough to immediately pull the battery, rinse in clean water, and dry completely before powering back up. Both survived.

I actually put a 1 gig Dane-Elec flash drive through the washer and dryer, and it survived.

jadokast98 wrote:
nachtjaeger wrote:I want a phone that won't die the first time it falls out of my pocket onto a concrete floor (or worse yet, in the toilet.)

I have a G'zOne from Verizon and I love it! It is rated very high and a lot of my buds got them after our latest Afghanistan deployment. The black one was rubber coated, mine was orange. Soon after getting this it would up in the washer and went through a full wash cycle and lived. I had a friend that had a nextel i630 in 2004 <if I recall correctly> that found it's way into a porta potty. We were in an electronics repair school for the Army and just had a class on recovering from a water dunking; Disassemble the cover, dry excess water, rince in rubbing alchohol, reassemble when dry. His phone worked after that work, <and was decontaminated, lol> Being his roommate I always joked about if he was getting "crappy reception". Nextell was cheaper, but customer service over the phone didn't work out that well. Stay away from the Mall outlets, and go to the main outlet. They can take there time. I just got back w/ the wife; she needed a class on the new droid. We have good luck with them. There is a Sams Club north of Utica where verizon has a good customer service rep. Good luck no matter what though.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Torrid

Postby Torrid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:Had mulitiple lousy experiences with Verizon customer service. Our company is headquarted in NJ so we use Verizon for business and while connection is good the human interface is on my short list with Comcast

You just didn't talk to the right comcast agent ;)

As for Verizon we have had them in our family for at least 10 years I think. My parents swear by Verizon and I can't say that I have had much issue with them. I like them over Sprint and T-Mobile.
"Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid."
Hedy Lamarr

Wetdancer

Postby Wetdancer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:32 am

I have now verizon--what I started out with Alltel-Loved it worked better than any carrier in our area. Now no choice have to use Verizon-Good cell hate customer service--My two cents. wish Alltel did not sell out to verizon

Return to “Off Topic”