Dog Rescue

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
reisen55

Dog Rescue

Postby reisen55 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Every so often something very very good happens in life. On December 11, I found a small white dog running on our street, and after a frantic car chase was able to corner it with the help of a neighbor. Beautiful white poodle mix with a curled tail, only a Home Depot knock off invisible fence collar and nothing else. I did the usual neighborhood door search and a local vet office fell in love, took him in a for a few days, no microchip either. On the 12th we had a huge ice and rain storm. After a few days, we took him back in while a professional search and adoption effort is underway. We do hope we find his real owners, my wife is rather against a third dog at this time, but for right now he has a warm room and bed and food.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

General Woundwort

Re: Dog Rescue

Postby General Woundwort » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Beautiful - thank you for this good deed.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:10 am

Nice save man. Looks cute.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:16 am

Good job. :)

All three of the dogs I've had since moving to L.A. were rescued in one form or another (the first one walked right into the shop I was working in downtown). I've had no regrets. 8-)

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:50 am

What a little cuddly sweetie that dog is.

I do hope that you find his owners because if they have any heart at all, they are missing him terribly. But I got a feeling that if you do find them, you're gonna miss him when he goes back.

(Nessie looks down at her own little wienie beanie...er, dachschund...with love in her heart.)

Nessie

reisen55

Re: Dog Rescue - Nessie

Postby reisen55 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks for your owned dachsie. My daughter is involved with Dachshund rescue and we have made more than a few trips to transport these charming animals from owner to a foster home where most find forever homes. She has a miniature dapple long hair. My family has had dogs forever, great danes, dachsies about 5 of them, a descented skunk (when I was a kid) and a few rescue dogs.

If the real owner shows up, I could simply turn the picture over as to how I would feel if I found one of our dogs in another home. One has to admit the fact that this little chap, however charming, has another life somewhere else. But frankly everyone involved has a feeling that he was an abandoned dog in some way. Sad.

May adopt, time will tell here.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:35 am

Sigh. . . Our home still has a dog-sized void in the middle of it. :(

We got Pepper when a friend of a friend couldn't keep her. Maybe our next dog is out there somewhere, waiting to be found and rescued.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

reisen55

WE are adopting him

Postby reisen55 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:12 am

There is a town procotol to this rescue dog business and I am following it. But on December 26th, I am probably visiting Hi Tor shelter (where they SHOULD go) to pick him up and thus he has a good home.

Everybody here keep muddy fingers crossed.

Return to “Off Topic”