Baseball... We Will Miss You

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Baseball... We Will Miss You

Postby kham » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:03 pm

I at least will qualify, by stating that I haven't been a big fan since the 90s of any team.
Having said that, THIS will pretty much make the entire game dead to me
Report: MLB to test extra-innings rule change

First, Joe Torre has become a senile twit
The rest? Major-League Baseball devolves into fucking T-ball. Enjoy. If the Baseball Gods aren't waiting to beat the fuckers who came up with this to a pulp with Louisville Sluggers, then there is no Karma
It's retard dialed up to 12. One wonders how these silly bastards would have dealt with a team that had to play back in the 20s. Or even the 50s.
Ah well

General Woundwort

Re: Baseball... We Will Miss You

Postby General Woundwort » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 pm

That's a horrible idea, I agree 100%. There's a reason players are payed millions of dollars (a number of reasons in fact, a few of them understandable) - not getting exhausted isn't one of them.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:12 pm

Major league baseball owners have never been known as particularly bright people and with very few exceptions have been motivated solely by what they perceived as self interest. The same is true in all the other professional sports as well (with college sports mostly included as professional). This suggestion is, for now, just an experiment in two obscure instructional leagues. It seems like a bad idea to me, but in the end it is market economics that will decide and the decsion will be made by people who currently buy tickets who eiother continue to do so or cease.

Trying to generate fan interest by using a batter only 4 feet tall was a bad idea too.

Major League baseball has other dumb rukes that need to be eliminated as well.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 pm

General Woundwort wrote:That's a horrible idea, I agree 100%. There's a reason players are payed millions of dollars (a number of reasons in fact, a few of them understandable) - not getting exhausted isn't one of them.

i'm not in love with this idea either... but i think it's trying to prevent games from lasting hours and hours, nothing about player exhaustion... what they think is getting exhausted is our attention spans
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

H8ms2014

Postby H8ms2014 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:07 am

I've seen that rule in the CAN/AM League. I...wasn't impressed.

Return to “Off Topic”