RIP Michael Mariman

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Boggy Man

Re: RIP Michael Mariman

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:50 am

I am very sorry to hear about his tragic passing. He was already part of this community back in 1997 when I first joined. I thought he would be a part of this community for a long time to come. I never met him personally, but did chat on IRC, and I even sent him a video tape containing the "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" quicksand episode through snail mail, which he appreciated.

Here is his old website:

http://web.archive.org/web/200212041840 ... uxand.html

And here is an altered pic he did for me (I provided the victim):

http://web.archive.org/web/200910271051 ... kiniqs.jpg

He was taken away, way too soon. He was 8 years younger than me. RIP Mike. :(

EVysther

Postby EVysther » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:58 pm

QuicksandMania wrote:
UPDATE: Please, all of you, take good care of yourselves. Michael was only 44 years old when he died. At the end of the day, responsibility for your wellness falls squarely on your shoulders. To that end, here are some links I recommend:

Mike joined in with Lance and Chris Fontanne, Lisa and I, not to mention Jon and Krystal Dondero - and we all made the sojourn together in July of 2005 to Chester to break the kids in - we drowned both Jon and Krystal *several* times :lol:

Mike had spent a weekend with us in April of that year as well - he had recently had his gastric bypass surgery and was on an extended sabbatical...he was a charming house guest - he stayed with us for about a week and we got to know each other quite well, though I doubt he appreciated me blasting away on my Gibson SG much (Sabbath/BOC/Priest anyone? ;-) )

We had lost track of each other as the years went by - life has a habit of doing that - but I admired him for taking responsibility for getting his health in order - I truly believe he would not have had the years following the procedure had he not done so - I'm certain it bought him the last decade...alas, the damage probably had already been done....44 is FAR too young to go...

Follow QuicksandMania's advice - look after yourself.

Lisa and I are both cresting 50 now - Lisa hit it last September, my turn in June - and health maintenance is a big deal, never doubt it.
Eric Vysther

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery -
today is a gift...that's why it's called the present!
"

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:36 pm

I hear you on that... turned 50 myself last September, and am dealing with high blood pressure, border line diabetes and poor circulation in the legs. Came close to losing one leg to infection, and dealing with another leg ulcer on the other. Amazing how fast we can fall apart if we're not careful.

Still... 44 is way too young to leave this life. My condolences to his friends and family, :(

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 am

The timing of this could not have been more interesting for me. I'm 54 and have always been in reasonably good health. Back in the 80's when everybody thought they wanted to marry an aerobics instructor, I did. She got me through 40 half-marathons, one full, and too many 5k runs. Problem is that I fell off the wagon a couple years ago and got completely run over by it in the last year. People, no matter how great you were in the past, no matter who you're married to, it won't help if your close friends with a box of donuts and a couch. I watched my dad pass away back before Christmas in complete misery largely due to obesity and a sedentary lifestyle. I bought a new pair of running shoes last week. Time to get moving again. Don't ever stop because it's the devil to start over. If you never began it's never too late. Watch what you eat and move at least a little more every day. It will work you just gotta do it.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:52 am

This was inadvertently posted as an independent thread. It was meant to be a reply here.

My career job was as a professor of exercise science. In that capacity I spent a lot of time teaching others about health issues such as diet and exercise. Unfortunately, the first step in improving or maintaining health status is to make a genuine commitment to do so. All the technical knowledge about it useless if one will not make that commitment. That said, I will be happy to offer guidance about the role of exercise, which is absolutely fundamental, to anyone who requests it.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

QuicksandMania

Postby QuicksandMania » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:14 am

EVysther wrote:Mike joined in with Lance and Chris Fontanne, Lisa and I, not to mention Jon and Krystal Dondero - and we all made the sojourn together in July of 2005 to Chester to break the kids in - we drowned both Jon and Krystal *several* times :lol

Mike spoke fondly of that trip, and he also swore he competed in that year's "Cannonball Run" at high speed across the country with Jon and Krystal, though my wife and I both thought he was pulling our legs! :lol:

EVysther, I sent you a PM and an e-mail, so please contact me at QuicksandMania at gmail dot com when you get a chance.

EVysther

Postby EVysther » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:24 am

QuicksandMania wrote:Mike spoke fondly of that trip, and he also swore he competed in that year's "Cannonball Run" at high speed across the country with Jon and Krystal, though my wife and I both thought he was pulling our legs! :lol:

EVysther, I sent you a PM and an e-mail, so please contact me at QuicksandMania at gmail dot com when you get a chance.

In regards to the Cannonball Run reference, yes he did!

And for the record? That guy had SUCH a lead foot! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just sent you an email with my current address.
Eric Vysther

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery -
today is a gift...that's why it's called the present!
"

Return to “Off Topic”