Dunkirk - Official Main Trailer

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Dunkirk - Official Main Trailer

Postby kham » Sat May 06, 2017 12:23 am

DUNKIRK - OFFICIAL MAIN TRAILER

Definitely going to give this a look. Appears historically accurate, and not idiotic-wood. Christopher Nolan, so there's that too
Just give me some good Spitfire stuff :D
And fellas? Again, if you look in the mirror and see something interesting, like a 109, it's likely the last fucking thing you'll ever see :twisted:

But good to see the right gunsight for a Spit, for a change

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Dunkirk - Official Main Trailer

Postby dlodoski » Sat May 06, 2017 12:51 am

Back in my sound system days, the guy I worked with wore a ring, given to him by his father.

His father was in the British army and was one of the many trapped at Dunkirk. He told him that as they were being strafed by the German planes, and the were laying on top of solid rock with no way to dig in, staring at that ring on his finger was his only link to sanity.

And there was that ring, right there, on this dudes finger. A (heavy) little piece of history that made it all the way to LA.

His Dad survived btw - and also served in North Africa before returning home to England.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sat May 06, 2017 1:47 am

This movie I suspect will be having a lot of unvarnished grim stuff. Sinking hospital ships? Yeah. That happened
And the boys desperate and screaming where the hell is the Air Force? The RAF was busting its ass trying to maintain CAP over the beaches, at the same time while redeploying what they could save from the French Surrender, AND keep fighters for home defence. How'd you like THAT job? Plus, the Mk I Spit has about the same range as a 109. A problem you know from BoB, only in reverse here. But does look like they showing the Spit was a real killer even now.

Villein

Postby Villein » Sun May 07, 2017 2:41 pm

I am also looking forward to this film as barring Fury I've not seen a good WWII film in awhile, let alone one involving the evacuation of Dunkirk!
So will probably truck off to the cinema when this is released.
PLEASE DELETE

Return to “Off Topic”