Just a Canine Update

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Nessie
Producer

Re: Just a Canine Update

Postby Nessie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:13 pm

I dunno about that.

A guy is the one who thought up the advice. Me? I'm a girl but I didn't think of it at all.

I'd have just said that my dog stays, and if my dog disappears anyway, life at my house will be a living Hell.

I'm not very complex.

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Nessie wrote:A guy is the one who thought up the advice. Me? I'm a girl but I didn't think of it at all.

I wasn't very clear. Yeah, it is guys who have to think about things like that all the time. You have to be subtle if you're going to survive.

I don't know, I'm just rambling now but guys seem relatively simple to me. Feed us, show us a little affection, tell us we're a good boy with a pat on the head and like a dog, we're pretty decent critters. I've asked my wife before if I quit shaving and poop on the carpet once a year will she love me like she does the dog? 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:46 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:I've asked my wife before if I quit shaving and poop on the carpet once a year will she love me like she does the dog? 8-)

Well, I'm fine with furry men. There is no place on your whole body that you can't have hair, far as I'm concerned.

As for pooping on the carpet, though, why precisely, do I tolerate that? Well, I don't tolerate it WELL. I am guilty of uttering it: "BAD DOG!" But I would never actually get rid of my dog over the once-in-a-blue-moon carpet poop.

Then again, a dog deserves some slack. Dogs can't use the toilet. Some human's got to show up, open the door, and let the dog outside. In my neck of the woods, it can be mighty nasty out there. Why, if you were an eleven-pound dachschund, your little belly would be brushing the white stuff.

I suppose a man could be severely disabled. There are some physical conditions that can result in poop on the carpet. But this is pretty rare. I own a bathroom and I'm willing to let men who visit me use it...so...if you refuse to use it...

"BAD HUMAN! BAD!!! BA-A-A-A-D! GO AWAY!"

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:17 am

Charlie is undergoing crate training and is responding slowly to enforcement of rules. No troubles at this time, so thanks everyone for the words of support. Everytime I look at him though, I wonder where he came from. I think Dave is right, this little soul was just abandoned.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:58 am

reisen55 wrote:Charlie is undergoing crate training and is responding slowly to enforcement of rules. No troubles at this time, so thanks everyone for the words of support. Everytime I look at him though, I wonder where he came from. I think Dave is right, this little soul was just abandoned.

Yay!

He definitely sounds like he needs to learn to obey but if you firmly establish yourself as Alpha Dog, it can be done.

I have a relative who also owns a Mystery Dog. She looks kind of like a collie and kind of like something else, but nobody can figure out what that something else is. Somebody, however, saw fit to chop off her tail (a practice that I do not think is good, but it is done to some showy dogs) and she wags a one-inch fuzzy stump.

She too was from a shelter, because she was found running wild. When he first brought her home, she thought that there were no rules at all at she had to obey. The problem was severe. She got into things and she jumped on people and she played rough...she'd nip and bite...and she is about a seventy-pound dog!

My relative finally invested in one of those discipline collars. If she did a bad thing, he had a remote control -- ZAP! accompanied by a stern, "NO, GIRL!"

I can't help but wonder if she was abandoned because somebody less stubborn could not control her. She was big enough to be scary. She had to wear that collar for about a year! My relative won, though, and today she is a well-behaved dog, devoted to my relative (most dogs pick a favorite human and he's it!) and very much loved by his family.

And she has long ago graduated to an ordinary collar.

At least Charlie is not big. If he doesn't go where he's told to, you can pick him up and carry him! I am glad he's still with you. He should be able to learn if you keep yourself firmly established as being in control. They're pack animals at heart and will respect The Alpha Dog (the dominant dog of the pack...which better keep right on being YOU!)

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:58 pm

We groomed him last weekend. A ton of fur had to be trimmed, it came like a miniature bear rug. So now this little chap has this monsterous head and little tiny thin nothing body. Hysterical.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 pm

reisen55 wrote:So now this little chap has this monsterous head and little tiny thin nothing body. Hysterical.

That sounds so cute. And...

Yes! Yes! That's what I want to hear! He is still with you!

(Nessie loves dogs...loves loves loves little doggies...okay, any doggie...)

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”