Just a Canine Update

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
reisen55

Just a Canine Update

Postby reisen55 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:56 am

So many responded positively to my sciatica posting and my adopted dog note that I thought it proper to share this: here is Charlie sleeping next to my my computer desk, very happy indeed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nessie
Producer

Re: Just a Canine Update

Postby Nessie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:01 am

Awwwwwwwwwww!

So sweet. So fluffy. So cute. I want to pet him.

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:56 am

My lady is impressed.

weredragonlady wrote:He's just so fuzzy-ful and warm and adore-a-bubble!

And the best part of a dog like that- spray him with Endust (not in the eyes) and then after he's run around the house, shake him outside. ;)

Seriously, that's one cute little fluffball. I love doggies!
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Charlie continues to do well. He is a delightful play companion for our 4 year old Schnoodle - also white - so she gets her workouts. The 14 year old Schnauzer is mostly bed confined and does not participate in Roman sporting events anymore. Still cannot believe that nobody ever posted a lost dog notice of any kind for this little fellow. As in the picture, he is again sleeping by the wooden filing cabinet by my computer.

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 pm

POSTED TOO DAMN SOON

MY wife is up in arms with the dog, insisting since he ate a pillow (so she says) that he go to a no-kill shelter immed. I am fighting this tooth and nail but cannot guarantee anything at this time.

Good thoughts for Charlie and for me please.

If I have to take him away, the emotional recrimination will be long and lasting.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:38 am

reisen55 wrote:POSTED TOO DAMN SOON

NO!!!

I hope you stick to your guns on this one. Charlie needs a home and it is possible, with a bit of creativity, to put things out of dog's reach.

I have a "Dog-Proof Trash" bag in the bathroom...it hangs off a towel rack and she can't jump that high! And for the kitchen, I just got a TALL wastebasket!

Nessie

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:27 am

reisen55 wrote:....If I have to take him away, the emotional recrimination will be long and lasting.

I haven't made this observation, but thought about it many times.

The most logical reason Charlie was on the street, and nobody claimed him, was because he was abandoned. Folks actually do that, when they move, and can't take the dog with them (which is truly sick IMHO). Why move when you can't take your dog with you?

Being forsaken twice (if I'm right) would be screwed up for him.

I suggest buying your wife a new pillow and something else, twice as nice. Dote on her for a couple weeks a measure more than you dote on the dog. See how that works.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:05 am

I have two boards I post to ... petloss.com and this one, both are full of real people. Nessie and Dave - he is still with me, and on a rather strict diet of control so that his bad behavior does not make the road any rougher than it is. Keep the good thoughts coming.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 am

reisen55 wrote:I have two boards I post to ... petloss.com and this one, both are full of real people. Nessie and Dave - he is still with me, and on a rather strict diet of control so that his bad behavior does not make the road any rougher than it is. Keep the good thoughts coming.

I love dogs. Totally love them. Charlie has all my good wishes, positive vibes and hopes for a happy and secure home -- with you!

I still don't think you should give in but Dave's advice sounded pretty good to me. At the time I read your last update, it was after work...when my brain ain't at its best. In your shoes I'd have just bulldozed over her, well, if she got me after work anyway...but I guess that showing her more affection than the dog is not the shabbiest idea.

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Nessie wrote:[...but I guess that showing her more affection than the dog is not the shabbiest idea.

Guys have to work all the time at stuff like that. If I kick my wife she'll kick me back and be mad at me for a month. If I kick my dog, the dog apologizes. No wonder we love them. 8-) (Speaking metaphorically here. I'd never kick either one.)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Off Topic”