If I only had room...Bentonite Clay In Bulk!

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Nessie
Producer

If I only had room...Bentonite Clay In Bulk!

Postby Nessie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 am

Well, I certainly don't have a place to build a pit for this but...hey...

http://umd.net/forums/anyone_interested_in_a_bulk_or

If you have extra cash and extra land -- check it out!

Nessie

Fred588
Producer

Re: If I only had room...Bentonite Clay In Bulk!

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:40 am

7000 pounds is actually not that much. Its about 140 bags. The studio pit contains about 200.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:28 am

Okay, maybe somebody would like to fill a bathtub instead.

I wondered if somebody here would think it wasn't enough...and you did. Over there, they apparently consider it way too much!

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, but I think I'll wait for my 14 year old to move out (or at least get a little older) before I build a clay pit.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:37 am

A bathtub claypit would be a BAD idea.
Seriously, I only clogged my drain with clay once. I'll never get in the shower even remotely muddy ever again.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 am

Mynock wrote:A bathtub claypit would be a BAD idea.
Seriously, I only clogged my drain with clay once. I'll never get in the shower even remotely muddy ever again.

You get a second bathtub, like maybe one of those with clawed feet, and put it in a spare room, mix your clay and plug the drain securely, and be careful to cover it when it's not in use...and water it...if you take care of it, it should be good for a long, long time, since clay doesn't decompose or support the growth of any bacteria.

You could add a heater for some wonderful basking.

But how you get from the clay tub to the bathtub without leaving some kind of messy trail through your house is a thing I never figured out, although I do know that it has been successfully done by the extremely dedicated.

Fred's shower drain has always worked...hasn't it?

Nessie

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:33 am

Nessie wrote:But how you get from the clay tub to the bathtub without leaving some kind of messy trail through your house is a thing I never figured out, although I do know that it has been successfully done by the extremely dedicated.

You could have two bathtubs side by side, one with clay in it, and one with cleanup water, both securely sealed at the drain entrances, which aren't connected to your plumbing system for obvious reasons. The floor around the immediate area would have to be covered with plastic to keep it from getting dirty. You then go from the clay tub to the water tub for cleanup, and then dry off with a towel enough to finally get a better cleanup in your regular bathtub/shower. It is a bit more work to bring in and out the cleanup water in buckets before/after cleanup, but at least you won't have to worry about clogging drains or leaving a muddy trail through the house.

Or, if you have the bathtub of clay outside, you can enjoy it during the nice weather, and use your hose to clean yourself off. But, you need yard privacy for that situation.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:48 am

I wonder if an old greenhouse set up would work to house a clay tub?

Granted, it may be a bugger to keep warm in the fall/winter, but mess wouldn't be a problem as it wouldn't be part of the house. Privacy is assured, and you can wallow to your heart's content, then clean up right there.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 pm

It ought to work fine if you can manage the heat. You might also need to establish a way to clean up any clay that gets spilled on the ground, as it can become extremely slippery. I find that outdoor carpet, in pieces small enough to be carried to some location where they can be hosed down, work fairly well.

PM2K wrote:I wonder if an old greenhouse set up would work to house a clay tub?

Granted, it may be a bugger to keep warm in the fall/winter, but mess wouldn't be a problem as it wouldn't be part of the house. Privacy is assured, and you can wallow to your heart's content, then clean up right there.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Nessie wrote:You get a second bathtub, like maybe one of those with clawed feet, and put it in a spare room, mix your clay and plug the drain securely, and be careful to cover it when it's not in use...and water it...if you take care of it, it should be good for a long, long time, since clay doesn't decompose or support the growth of any bacteria.

You could add a heater for some wonderful basking.

But how you get from the clay tub to the bathtub without leaving some kind of messy trail through your house is a thing I never figured out, although I do know that it has been successfully done by the extremely dedicated.

Fred's shower drain has always worked...hasn't it?

Nessie

That's a cool idea, even more so because I have a cast iron tub sitting in my garage! Not a claw foot but it will stand right side up on it's own....
Not sure how Fred doesn't clog his shower drains, but I came back from a sink back in August of this year with what I thought was only a little mud on me....got in the shower and was almost done rinsing off when I noticed the water was around my ankles....uh oh.....plunger didnt' work, plumbers snake didn't work, I ended up draining the tub with a garden hose and cutting the elbow out of it. The stuff was caked in there like cement. Luckily the pipes were PVC so all I had to do was hit the hardware store for some couplers and PVC glue and I had it all fixed up. Crappy way to spend a post sink afternoon though.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”