Pity us, ah pity us, we wakeful.

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Re: Pity us, ah pity us, we wakeful.

Postby Lomax » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:52 pm

WHO DAT!!

Zipperdee-doo - I feel like a dog with two tails. This is right up there with Essex's first County Championship in 1979 (after a mere 103 years of trying) and the 2005 Ashes.

Not that there hasn't been a price to pay. To bed at 3 am. To sleep at 4 am. Alarm goes off at 6:30 am.

nachtjaeger wrote:It was a really good game- I saw stuff I thought was long-gone from pro football.

Now, I'm a long way from being an expert here; and this was the first game I've seen for the best part of a decade. But things do seem to have changed. Whatever happened to the pass-rush?

And of course the commercials!

Now this bit I don't get. I watched the game on the BBC - which carries no adverts (commercials, if you must) whatsoever. Which meant that we kept cutting back to the studio whilst various coporate giants were trying to sell breakfast cereal to the great American public. Fair enough, I suppose. But I did note that the American broadcaster publicised a website where one could view all the adverts again - and vote for your favourite. Why? Adverts are there to be ignored, surely - or endured at best? Ho hum.

Oh, and during the halftime show I flicked channels and watched the court scene from To Kill a Mockingbird. Beat watching the Who.....
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:58 pm

To answer the question about why watch the adverts: For the last decade or more the Super Bowl broadcast has been a place where advertisers produce special ads that are designed to entertain as well as promote a product. To many, myself included, the ads can be better than the game itself, which, after all, is just football. One of the best ads ever made, in my opinion, (and I do not remember the product, actually) featured some old west cowboys engaged in bringing in a herd .... of cats,..... Picture, among other things, a tired cowboy leaning against an old fence, several scratch marks on his face, and coiling a large ball of string.

Lomax wrote:WHO DAT!!

Zipperdee-doo - I feel like a dog with two tails. This is right up there with Essex's first County Championship in 1979 (after a mere 103 years of trying) and the 2005 Ashes.

Not that there hasn't been a price to pay. To bed at 3 am. To sleep at 4 am. Alarm goes off at 6:30 am.

nachtjaeger wrote:It was a really good game- I saw stuff I thought was long-gone from pro football.

Now, I'm a long way from being an expert here; and this was the first game I've seen for the best part of a decade. But things do seem to have changed. Whatever happened to the pass-rush?

Now this bit I don't get. I watched the game on the BBC - which carries no adverts (commercials, if you must) whatsoever. Which meant that we kept cutting back to the studio whilst various coporate giants were trying to sell breakfast cereal to the great American public. Fair enough, I suppose. But I did note that the American broadcaster publicised a website where one could view all the adverts again - and vote for your favourite. Why? Adverts are there to be ignored, surely - or endured at best? Ho hum.
Oh, and during the halftime show I flicked channels and watched the court scene from To Kill a Mockingbird. Beat watching the Who.....
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Lomax wrote: Whatever happened to the pass-rush?

A pair of fast acting, gun slinger, quarterbacks.

Superbowl commercials have become something of a tradition. Since the sponsors are paying insane amounts of money for thirty second spots they try their best to make a great impression. I think this really took off in 1984 when Apple used a Superbowl spot to announce the arrival of the Mac. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:14 am

Here are some links to funny commercials:

Top Gun Pigeons - Nissan
Horse Blows Romantic Sleigh Ride - Bud Light (check out related videos as well)
Shipping Via Carrier Pigeon - FedEx (check out related videos as well)
Cat Herders - EDS
Trunk Monkey - Suburban Auto Group (Check out related videos as well)
Assorted Beer Videos

And there are many others. 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Off Topic”