Attention Internet: Don't Eat Laundry Pods

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
MadMax359

Re: Attention Internet: Don't Eat Laundry Pods

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:24 pm

when i was young the town controlled mosquitoes by driving around trucks that spewed DDT in giant clouds of fog; when we saw it coming we'd get on our bikes and follow it around, swerving in and out of the cloud... and of course breathing in huge lungfuls of DDT... who knew? :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm

It simply proves what the Martians discovered a long time ago. There is no intelligent life on Earth.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Fred588 wrote:We did some pretty dumb things as children. For example, for about a nickel we could get a roll of what were (and I think still are) called "caps...

Yes we did a lot of frightening things with those. We also learned to grind up fireworks with sparklers packed in a tube to make rocket engines. There's the side of a (fortunately) brick house in Nashville that still bears the scars of one of those experiments from the summer of '73. The ultimate mass stupidity prior to getting a driver's license was the "Evil Knievel" craze. I learned painfully that jumping trash cans on steel wheeled roller skates was difficult but less likely to get you killed than a bicycle. It should not have required a lot of tests to learn this but we all persevered until blood and pain taught otherwise. :roll:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:19 pm

I was one of those who learned fairly quickly so I never did anything stupid with a motor vehicle. But that wasn't true for everyone. In college I did not drink so I was always a designated driver when our swimming or water polo teams had a party. I got VERY lucky one night (in my dad's buick) when one my teams lost everything he had eaten over the prior month less than a second after getting out of the car.

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Fred588 wrote:We did some pretty dumb things as children. For example, for about a nickel we could get a roll of what were (and I think still are) called "caps...

Yes we did a lot of frightening things with those. We also learned to grind up fireworks with sparklers packed in a tube to make rocket engines. There's the side of a (fortunately) brick house in Nashville that still bears the scars of one of those experiments from the summer of '73. The ultimate mass stupidity prior to getting a driver's license was the "Evil Knievel" craze. I learned painfully that jumping trash cans on steel wheeled roller skates was difficult but less likely to get you killed than a bicycle. It should not have required a lot of tests to learn this but we all persevered until blood and pain taught otherwise. :roll:
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Fred588 wrote:I was one of those who learned fairly quickly so I never did anything stupid with a motor vehicle. But that wasn't true for everyone. In college I did not drink so I was always a designated driver when our swimming or water polo teams had a party....

I managed to do a lot of actually damn-fool things in a motor vehicle but like you I was always sober. Looking back it might have been safer if I was passed out somewhere. Being the one who never took a drink got me invited to a lot parties though. Watching people make fools of themselves was a major source of entertainment for me and a great way to meet girls. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:54 pm

There's a chain of organic-soap shops called "Lush" here in UK; the soaps and bath salts all smell like fruit and flowers. My local branch in Lakeside (Essex) has to employ a security guard to watch the customers, not to stop them stealing the soaps, but from trying to EAT them! He doesn't always succeed....
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Fri May 21, 2021 8:12 pm

MadMax359 wrote:when i was young the town controlled mosquitoes by driving around trucks that spewed DDT in giant clouds of fog; when we saw it coming we'd get on our bikes and follow it around, swerving in and out of the cloud... and of course breathing in huge lungfuls of DDT... who knew? :twisted:

Look on the good side; you never need fear cannibals because you are now TOTALLY UNFIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION! (I read that in "Silent Spring")
Not so sure about flesh-eating zombies though....
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:14 am

Tim Kelly wrote:
MadMax359 wrote:when i was young the town controlled mosquitoes by driving around trucks that spewed DDT in giant clouds of fog; when we saw it coming we'd get on our bikes and follow it around, swerving in and out of the cloud... and of course breathing in huge lungfuls of DDT... who knew? :twisted:

Look on the good side; you never need fear cannibals because you are now TOTALLY UNFIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION! (I read that in "Silent Spring")
Not so sure about flesh-eating zombies though....

what a relief! :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sat May 22, 2021 5:41 am

I lose it pretty much every time someone suggests eating these things or drinking bleach. Now they know why! Worst part is that this is one of the worst ways to die and usually, if it happens, its your own fault! Seriously, all this just to be featured on 1000 Ways to Die? There are WAY better roads to fame than that and most of them let you live to tell the tale!

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Mon May 24, 2021 2:20 am

I will never understand why teens thought this was a brilliant idea. Then again, I never understand any idiotic challenge they start up.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

Return to “Off Topic”