I just don't know anymore...

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Re: I just don't know anymore...

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:53 pm

nachtjaeger wrote:But like Metallica says, "What don't kill ya makes you more strong."

Oh yes; that's Nietzsche. And it's bollocks.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:22 pm

I've also seen the quote attributed to Lenin, Stalin, and even Gen. Rob't E. Lee. Metallica brilliantly wove it into their anthem "Broken, beat & scarred."

Not to get all philosophical, but when iron has been through the fires of the forge and the blows of the smith's hammer, it becomes steel. True, if it be not sound iron, it may become too soft to be of any use, or if it become too hard, it may break when put to the test. But the finest blades become hard on the outside, so that they may hold their edge, but deep within retain the softness of the iron that lets them flex without breaking when under stress. :ugeek:

Lomax wrote:
nachtjaeger wrote:But like Metallica says, "What don't kill ya makes you more strong."

Oh yes; that's Nietzsche. And it's bollocks.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Scarol

Postby Scarol » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Doesn't anyone have compassion about my story? :|
Work to live....or live to work...

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Scarol wrote:Doesn't anyone have compassion about my story? :|

Nothing personal Scarol. Its just that we are dealing with one person at a time on this thread. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

x42swamper

Postby x42swamper » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Since I have been down this confusing and lonely road I want to offer my two cents to you my friend. Mynock hit the nail right on the head, your being used my friend. This girl can't make up her mind and your too good of a person to be rebound material.

She doesn't know what she wants and that's dangerous because she's got another squeeze she rebounds to as well. Don't get cought in the middle. The time is now to break away and let her have her looser X back. If my shoe was on your foot I would just find a new girl, there are millions out there and don't get cought up on one chick. Because when you do find the perfect one you will look back at this and laugh.

For example I dated until I was 30rys of age. After 15 years of dating I really new what I wanted and needed. Then the day came and I was in heaven. I got married and my world seemed to be like a well shot movie. The movie then turned to the dark side and after eight years of marriage my wife filed for divorce. My point is I know how you feel and you get sick inside trying to find out what's going on. The answer is, we all get tested in life, and you will pass in flying colors.
As the path narrows you find yourself face to face with a dark towering Shadow. A shadow composed of all your doubts and fears. And he's well armed to defend the treasure.

Scarol

Postby Scarol » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Scarol wrote:Doesn't anyone have compassion about my story? :|

Nothing personal Scarol. Its just that we are dealing with one person at a time on this thread. 8-)

Okay, I will wait for my turn then ;) 8-)

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:36 am

Scarol wrote:Okay, I will wait for my turn then ;) 8-)

Those girls you know must be crazy. Your picture (okay, I don't know if I'd date the Terminator half but the other half is kind of cute) shows a perfectly fine-looking young man, and even though English is not your first language, you seem like a nice guy.

I hope that someday you find a girl. But having the wrong girl is much more miserable than not having a girl. I know that it's hard to believe that when you don't know what it's like to love a girl, but anybody who has spent a lot of time loving a girl who turned out NOT to be true love knows that this is true.

Try to be the best man you can be without a girl and try to have fun with life just as you are. That will help attact girls but if the wait for a girl does become long...it won't SEEM so long if you are doing things that make you happy.

Nessie

Scarol

Postby Scarol » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Nessie,

Well im chatting with an girl on school (she has a boyfriend), and she says desame thing like: One day, it's your turn to have a girlfriend.
BUT they don't know one thing, I can tell this on this thread and I trust everybody here.
When I visited a psychologis, a few weeks later she made a report that i'm some sort of autistic. :(
I couldn't believe my eyes :shock: , but it's true.
And she said for people that are autistic that's almost impossible that these can get a relationship :( , so if that is true I will never know what it is to have a girlfriend.
And when I think of these words, it's soooo painfull to me. :cry:
Then I think, what do I have to do if I want more then a relationship?
Most people would say: ASK HER OUT!
But if you get rejection's your whole life, then you just say: Let it go, I can't get a girlfriend.
And if i'm in love when I see a beautifull she has a boyfriend or when I know her it's only friendship, more not.
Or if im asking one out, (that's was a few years ago) they always have a busy agenda. :evil:
And when one of my classroom boys talks to a girl, then after a few months they have a relationship.
Then I think: What do they have what I not have, because they are tough boys from jail (from their past) or?
I can't understand it.

wackypackcolonel

Postby wackypackcolonel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Raidium two simple words: move on...

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:58 am

Scarol wrote:I couldn't believe my eyes :shock: , but it's true.

Me neither. Wow. I'm surprised. I never would have figured that out at all from reading your posts.

For what it's worth, though, you're not the only autistic guy on this board. I won't blab who they are but I know that there are at least two others present who've been diagnosed with some form of autism.

And she said for people that are autistic that's almost impossible that these can get a relationship :( , so if that is true I will never know what it is to have a girlfriend.

Well, that can't be true. It can't be COMPLETELY impossible. However, it is true that autism does make things more difficult. It gives you extra problems that people who don't have autism don't have. But it doesn't make relationships impossible.

There are all kinds of girls in this world and not all of them will refuse to date autistic guys. I also got a feeling that you're still a fairly young man. School is not far back in your past. Young people tend to be ruled by peer pressure. "Tough Guys" may seem cool to the young, along with being seen in the right clothes and getting to see the right rock band.

Give it a few years...about five...and lots of this stupid social peer-pressure crap just goes away. Good riddance to it, I say. Every lesson I ever learnt in school, I had to UNlearn when I graduated! (It feels good, too, to be old enough to ignore popular fashion!)

It is good that you trust us quicksand folks and...if you think about it...being here is a form of connecting with people. Being here is a social act. So you're not a non-social being. If you truly were, you wouldn't even want to be with people and you would not care about girls either.

Please keep seeing a therapist. Your therapist knows more about autism than this board does. She can give you better advice than I ever can and show you ways to work on social skills that I'll never dream up. You definitely have my sympathy. You've been given a rougher road to follow than most of us. But you are still young and there's a lot of hope.

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”