I just don't know anymore...

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
nachtjaeger

Re: I just don't know anymore...

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:27 am

I can't think of very many guys who don't drool and stutter when they meet a really hot girl. I suspect it has something to do with testosterone, and with blood flow being directed away from the brain. . .

Seriously, stuttering is a 'wiring problem' and not a character flaw. I work with a guy who has a terrible stutter. Nothing wrong with him otherwise. Email has been a godsend for him- really makes his work life easier.

Scarol wrote:Hi Nessie and nachtjaeger and wackypackcolonel,

Thanks for explaining about my past ;) , and yes maybe it isn't impossible to get a girlfriend in the future while i'm autistic. :)
Maybe I have to wait for that time to get a girlfriend, and Nachtjaeger thanks for your story about your buddy.
With that story I can learn things for myself, that girls can call a boys like "Geek", "Freak" but even these boys can get a gorgeous girl.
And what about stuttering to a girl? My dad says that stuttering boys are indecisive, is that true?
Because when I'm nervous or uptight i'm stutter a lot, and I'm affraid if im stutter to a girl that she laughs.
But when I'm relax I have stutter a bit.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:57 am

I remember a while back on tv where they talked about one cause of stuttering being sort of a feedback loop. When a stutterer was given a device with headphones (or was it earphones) that blocked his voice with a quacking sound ("How now brown cow" sounded like "quack quack quack quack"), he stopped stuttering because he couldn't hear his own words.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Boggy Man wrote:I remember a while back on tv where they talked about one cause of stuttering being sort of a feedback loop. When a stutterer was given a device with headphones (or was it earphones) that blocked his voice with a quacking sound ("How now brown cow" sounded like "quack quack quack quack"), he stopped stuttering because he couldn't hear his own words.

I'm told that, for reasons which are not understood, stutterers only stutter when they talk, not when they sing. Gareth Gates (annoying UK pop star from a few years back) being a case in point.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

Return to “Off Topic”