Rest in peace, little wieniebeanie...

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Nessie
Producer

Re: Rest in peace, little wieniebeanie...

Postby Nessie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 am

Boggy Man wrote:Here is another good one that was posted a while back:

The Creation

Ahh, now that is a nice one.

Tara knew about this, by the way. If she didn't receive enough attention, or caught me petting another dog -- she let me know. And the message came through loud and clear...

"The Lord thy Dog is a jealous Dog...thou shalt have no other Dogs before Me."

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:27 am

I do appreciate all the kind words and sympathy.

For the interested, Tara did in fact manage to land on a page on my web-site. This little page was hand-coded in HTML by me mostly for practice. I put it on my site even though it really has nothing to do with quicksand.

http://nessieqsgirl.freehomepage.com/An ... sPage.html

She also might be the only dog who ever performed an actual role in a quicksand video. She's not IN the bog (geesh, I don't think she would enjoy the watery swamp at all!) but she did successfully perform a significant role as a supporting character. It was a music video with a quicksand scene to represent drowning in drink...the video was about alcoholism.

Tara appeared in a nightmare sequence, wandering around and through an abandoned building...and the final scene is of her trying to nudge her passed-out, drunken mistress (played by me) awake, without any success at all.

http://nessieqsgirl.freehomepage.com/Ta ... mpDVD.html

I might be biased, but I did think that even though I had to keep the camera aimed low, 'cause she was kinda short...she was very convincing in her role.

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:05 am

Nessie, your kind and lovely posts about Charlie are taken to heart and now I extend it to you, the loss of any pet is always keenly felt. We share with them for such a short period of time, but weiners are particularly special. My parents owned several, and two Great Danes for compensation in size. My daughter still has our dog (when she moved out, our dachshund went into her care but she brings Shayna over quite frequently).

If you want a rememberance webiste, www.petloss.com is excellent.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:54 am

Charlie is very cute. I was looking online not long ago trying to figure out what kind of dog Charlie is. Do you think...poodle mix?

I appreciate the kind thoughts. This loss is harder than my last one. At least with the last dog, I had a lot of warning.

I still hear phantom dog tags but over time they'll recede. I also found a couple dogs who'll be glad to have Tara's "Nature's Recipe". It's great food. No additives, no preservatives, no weird fillers that dogs shouldn't really and truly be eating, and it's all 100% natural.

Yep, I'd just loaded up on it!

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:53 am

Hey, don't sell the "phantom dog tags" short. Tara may still be hanging around to keep an eye on you.

Our old cat, Captain, still puts in the occasional appearance. You'll just catch him going around a corner, out of the corner of your eye- but when you look, he's not there. Definitely not Comet (our current pet)- he's small and black. Captain was large and chocolate colored. :?: :?:

And then there's the "white cat", aka "the ghost cat." which was occupying one of Weredragonlady's apartments back in the day (1979.) Folks who've seen it (quite a few people) only ever see the back end of it going around a corner. When she moved, it tagged along- through four moves- and is still around. Not entirely sure if it's a cat, or something else entirely, but it seems happy and doesn't cause us any trouble. :?: :?:

Nessie wrote:Charlie is very cute. I was looking online not long ago trying to figure out what kind of dog Charlie is. Do you think...poodle mix?

I appreciate the kind thoughts. This loss is harder than my last one. At least with the last dog, I had a lot of warning.

I still hear phantom dog tags but over time they'll recede. I also found a couple dogs who'll be glad to have Tara's "Nature's Recipe". It's great food. No additives, no preservatives, no weird fillers that dogs shouldn't really and truly be eating, and it's all 100% natural.

Yep, I'd just loaded up on it!

Nessie
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 am

We believe Charlie to be a shit-zu mix, but we really do not know.

May this bring a wry smile to your sad home. A long time ago in a galaxy ... oh, about 1962 or so, our first dachsie, Duffy Von Northumberland, died. I was 7 and my sister 5. My grandfather was trying to explain to my sister the concepts at hand and that Duffy was in heaven. My sister looked logically at the issues and answered " No grandma, Duffy is in the back of the car." So goes knowledge and wisdom sometimes.

Do go to the petloss board, the rainbow bridge concept is wonderful. Lessee, I have a poodle there, a dozen guinie pigs, a plethora of gerbels, two turtles and a 16.1 hand horse waiting for me.

Warm thoughts

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:24 am

reisen55 wrote:May this bring a wry smile to your sad home. A long time ago in a galaxy ... oh, about 1962 or so, our first dachsie, Duffy Von Northumberland, died. I was 7 and my sister 5. My grandfather was trying to explain to my sister the concepts at hand and that Duffy was in heaven. My sister looked logically at the issues and answered " No grandma, Duffy is in the back of the car." So goes knowledge and wisdom sometimes.

Don't kids sometimes cut things right to the quick?

Duffy Von Northumberland. What a long name for such a little dog.

I've had this persistent mental image of Tara's previous owner in some kind of ideal dazzling beautifully landscaped, flower-bejewelled, sunny blue-sky wonderland outside of a gleaming golden mansion and there's our little wieniebeanie running as hard as she can toward the lady, who has a big smile on her face while she kneels with her arms reaching for the dog.

I don't know if I believe any of that stuff but it might make for a nice piece of artwork someday.

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:31 am

nachtjaeger wrote:Hey, don't sell the "phantom dog tags" short. Tara may still be hanging around to keep an eye on you.

I can understand that Captain might hang around...you're also seeing a cat you don't even know?

That's wild. I'm glad it's a benign presence.

I've not only heard phantom dog tags but I've heard a phantom flap-flap-flap. That's the sound a dog makes when she shakes herself after waking up (the same movement as shaking off water). I'm totally sure it's just a random noise of some kind and my brain is just trying to tell me that's what it is.

Nope, no visuals. I keep looking at where she preferred to rest all day (the exact place she died), and I keep expecting a little brown head or the furry lump of her sleeping body...but there never is anything.

Nessie

SmileyMcDeath

Postby SmileyMcDeath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 am

This was my Molly, in better days.

The black ones behind her were about a year old when the photo was taken. She was six or seven here.

Molly died late last October, at the age of thirteen. She'd been ill for several months, but we'd kept her going as best we could She finally reached a point where it was almost a relief when she finally went.

We still have the minpins, all six of them. Sometimes I look at them and find myself mentally counting up their ages, trying to measure how many good years they have left and telling myself they still have quite a few of them to go. They're all the same age.

I've lost a lot of dogs. I keep wondering when it's going to get easier.

I feel your pain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Off Topic”