Q and A (Late Night Ramblings)

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Anna_Sinks

Q and A (Late Night Ramblings)

Postby Anna_Sinks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:04 pm

This is something I wrote last year after coming home from being on the road for 6 days. I was up at 4 am and listening to music and I wrote this. Its also where I came up with my tag line for the bottom. So I decided to finally post it. Enjoy!

Questions and Answers

By Annette Mezenberg.

Do you think that sometimes if your alone to much you lose your humanity or forget what its like to be human? Can we be human without our emotions? Is it possible to bury your emotions? Is it possible to grow to hate the very thing you seek? Is it possible to eventually prefer the voices in your head because they tell you want you want to hear? Can you prefer the company of objects to real people because they can never hurt you? Can a person become a flesh and blood robot, only to follow the commands beaten into its head. Only to shut down if an invalid command is entered? Is it possible to be stuck in a limbo of not wanting to die, but to scared to live? Is life a concept that some don't understand? Why can some people find happiness in the simplest things, yet others can't find it front of them? Why does there have to be sadness to find joy, or hate to find love? Can we exist with out balance between the two? Can people truly find peace within themselves, or does their ego block them from finding what they do not want except as the truth? Do people choose to do mundane tasks in fear that they may fail at something harder? Is the fear of failure a defense mechanism of the ego, or the terror of having to admit they may not be able to do something? Can saying I was wrong really hurt that much, out weighed by the vindication of the party who was right? Why does saying sorry take so much courage to muster when such a simple task of honesty bring comfort to the hurt? Why does courage have to be some great act, can't it just be the satisfaction of getting out of bed in the morning? Why can't people accept all life is risk? Can you have gain without risk and if so, was it a gain at all? Why is love so easy to say until you really mean it? Why is forgiveness always demanded yet never offered? Does money really make people evil or is it the thought of what might be if they had none? Do people prefer fiction because it is easier to accept than reality? Is reality really reality or is it a matter of opinion of the viewer? Does the truth so frighten people that they would rather accept a lie to help them sleep at night? Why is a person who wants to excel past their station considered rebellious? Why is a person who offers ideas that is off the norm called crazy? Can a crazy person really be a sane person no one understands? How come time flies when you having fun but never goes fast enough when we a bored? Can a bored person watch a person having fun and speed up time with them?

These are questions we ask ourselves in the pursuit of the truth, understanding, satisfaction, peace, or even be consoled by the answers. The problem lies in that people are either unwilling, ignorant, selfish, hateful, or can't deal with others differences. The fact is that it is our differences that we can draw conclusions based on diverse opinions of people perception of their own realities. So if someone says that's dumb, what they mean is that they can not understand what it is your saying. So rather than learn from your ideas they dismiss them and condemn the person making them to make themselves feel better about things they do not understand. Why? Because it is easier than listening to someone with a different opinion instead of being pulled from their comfort zone in the bubble of ignorance. Unable to accept the new concept as expanding their thought process most people are unable to truly understand one another. That is why their is very little real communication between anyone simply because no one is willing to truly expose themselves to the world in the fear of ridicule and judgment. Even people who call themselves friends can never really tell all because that person is not you and therefore can not really be trusted with the knowledge for fear of betrayal. The very limited few who can actually do this are mocked by society as being crazy. Beaten down until they no longer voice their opinions. Become perfectly shaped cogs in the machine. Those that can not or will not conform are cast out as outcasts or misfits. The very notion of the existence of misfits concludes that society is one big machine of cogs and that its not truly human to be a cog. But why do people allow themselves to be a cog? Is it fear of the unknown and preference to seek shelter in that of the path that has been waked before? Is it just plain easier? Perhaps the persons own thoughts would force themselves to become more than what they are, so they bury them in hopes that they can get though life with that they believe as a normal life? Is it simply a lack of strength to reach for that which they desire? More questions. The truth lies within. Simple right? Wrong. People are unwilling to accept the truth and invoke the inner fire because they convince themselves its impossible. A few simple truths in life. That in order to succeed you have to struggle. Only after the struggle the victory shall be sweet. Sacrifice is necessary to love. Without it you are selfish and incapable of love. A wise man risks what he has if he can accept defeat, and the gain shall be that much more. A fool risks all forsaking all gains in the name of pride. It is not wise to get up after being knocked down without first coming up with a plan to not be knocked down a second time. You must know where you have been and what you have done in order to move forward. Sleeping on it is always good advice. Pushing yourself to your limits is good and when you get there you might find your line keeps moving forward. These few things are ideas cast about by a misfit. Ridiculed by some, hated by those who fear what they do not understand. Hunted by the machine for his silence for fear of infecting others with free thought. Despised by those he hopes to save.
For I am not a cog.

"The truth shall set you free and make you insane at the same time."
-Annette
Last edited by Anna_Sinks on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The truth shall set you free, and make you insane all at the same time!"
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Raidium

Re: Q and A (Late Night Ramblings)

Postby Raidium » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:31 am

Those questions and more are what keep people awake at night while they tell themselves that it was only a nightmare... Which isn't terribly far from the truth because to some, life IS the nightmare. For what can seem like the most perfect of dreams can become that which we couldn't possibly explain and that dramatic of a change is what causes people to just want to wake up. But then comes the truth. You can not wake from life... This is the hardest truth of all... And that is what keeps me awake...
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it..."

http://raidium.deviantart.com/

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Mez man,

Interesting post. I would respond that lying awake at night, thinking those thoughts, is what makes us uniquely human.

That ol' Greek fella, Socrates, got tired of folks calling him sophis, meaning "wise." He said, "Do not call me sophis, but rather, philosopher (one who loves wisdom.) And the name stuck. You don't need a doctorate, a briar pipe and one of those jackets with the patches on the elbows to be a philosopher. You just have to learn to think.

We should arrange a time to get together, lay in a good supply of snacks and adult beverages, and talk philosophy for a few hundred years. ;)

"If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will cram all manner of garbage into it." -R. A. Heinlein
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:12 am

Look! Butterflies!
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Off Topic”