Bristol (UK) Splunch No. 5 - 22nd May 2010

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mike Nomic

Bristol (UK) Splunch No. 5 - 22nd May 2010

Postby Mike Nomic » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:40 am

The fifth Bristol Splunch will take place on Saturday, 22nd May 2010 from 2:00pm – 7:00pm in Horts Bar, 49 Broad Street, Bristol, BS1 2EP, and for those who are still peckish/thirsty later at some eatery/watering hole elsewhere in or near the city.

This is a vanilla meet; all over 18 from anywhere are welcome, and entry is free – I might even buy your first drink.

Have a look here for Bill's hilarious blog about the last Bristol Splunch.

How do I get there?

Broad Street is about twenty minutes walk from Bristol Temple Meads railway station, easily accessible from almost anywhere in the country, and there are several car parks nearby.

From the railway station exit, turn right along Temple Gate to the roundabout, cross over onto Victoria Street, continue over the river bridge into High Street, and bear gently left into Broad Street as High Street turns to the right into Wine Street. Horts Bar is about one hundred yards down on the right.

From the bus/coach station, exit onto Whitson Street, left into Lower Maudlin Street, cross Lewins Mead to Rupert Street and turn right. After about two hundred yards, turn left into Christmas Street, cross Quay Street and through the stone archway into Broad Street. Horts Bar is about fifty yards up on the left.

For those driving, at the bottom of the M32/Newfoundland Street, turn right onto Bond Street, take the first exit at the roundabout into The Haymarket, continue into Rupert Street, and there is a large multi-storey car park on the right. (Politically correct notice – other car parks are available in Bristol.) Follow the walking directions from the bus/coach station from Rupert Street to reach Horts Bar.

For those flush enough (or subsidised) flying into Bristol (Lulsgate) Airport, take the 331 bus service to the bus/coach station and proceed as above from there.

Hotels – the usual chains are readily available: Premier Inn, Haymarket (next to the bus station, approx ¼ mile - sorry, full for one-night stays); Premier Inn, King Street (approx ½ mile – sorry, full for one-night stays); Hotel Ibis, Temple Quay (approx 1 mile – sorry, full); Hotel Ibis, Anchor Road (approx ½ mile - from £70); Travelodge, Anchor Road (approx ½ mile - from £61); and Novotel, Victoria Street (approx 1 mile - from £69). For those hotels that are not available for Saturday only, rooms are readily available for either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday nights at very reasonable rates.

I’m hoping to do outdoor mud shoots on the Sunday (always subject to the bl**dy weather), so if any of you lovely ladies want to sample the delights of West Midlands or West Country mud, this could be your big chance.

If you have any further questions, post them here or pm me.

Mike Nomic.

Mike Nomic

Re: Bristol (UK) Splunch No. 5 - 22nd May 2010

Postby Mike Nomic » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 am

In a pm

Richard wrote:
Hi Mike,
Wondering how the cast list is progressing?

It's growing almost daily, thank you, Richard.

It currently stands as follows: -

Richard - I'll put you first because it was you that asked, and it saves any further confusion over the seating arrangements. :)
Mike Nomic
Sammy-Jane
Candy Custard
Smiley
Bondageboiir
Sploshman + 1 (or maybe that should be + 0.5 if it's only 50/50 whether she's coming or not)
Dunktankbabes + 1 or more
Aufpet
AlexT
Jonny - get your pasty orders in now!!
Messy-j
Eden
Jon42
Jpied
Thrillseeker

and I'm still awaiting confirmations from about twelve others - we may need a far larger area of the bar, and a bigger table at the restaurant at this rate.

Mike.

Mike Nomic

Postby Mike Nomic » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 pm

With just a fraction less than four weeks to go, a quick update on the growing guest list: -

The definite probables

Richard *
Mike Nomic *
Sammy-Jane *
Candy Custard
Smiley
Sploshman + 1
Dunktankbabes + 1
Aufpet *
AlexT
Jonny
Messy-J
Eden *
Jon42*
Jpied
Thrillseeker
Capstick *
Yamtree (Jonn)
Piemaster
Gungemegood

and the possibles

Joluvspiesngunge
Dirtydids
Thatsunfairtv
Bill Shipton

and maybe three or four more.

Those marked with an * are confirmed for dinner ... it would be good to hear from the rest to know how large a booking I should make.

See you all soon - and anyone else who fancies joining us.

Mike.

Mike Nomic

Postby Mike Nomic » Mon May 10, 2010 8:20 pm

With just a fraction less than two weeks to go, a quick update on the guest list: -

The definite probables

Richard *
Mike Nomic *
Sammy-Jane *
Candy Custard
Smiley
Dunktankbabes + 1
Aufpet *
AlexT
Jonny *
Messy-J
Eden *
Jon42*
Jpied
Thrillseeker
Capstick *
Jonn
Piemaster
Gungemegood
Joluvspiesngunge *

and the possibles

Bill Shipton
Jessie + Matt
Nina
Easy_as_

and maybe a couple more.

Those marked with an * are confirmed for dinner ... it would be good to hear from the rest to know how large a booking I should make.

See you all soon - and anyone else who fancies joining us.

Mike.

Return to “Off Topic”