New Dr. Who scene coming?

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Lino

New Dr. Who scene coming?

Postby Lino » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Well the new series of Dr. Who started in the UK tonight, the new Doctor, played by Matt Smith is FANTASTIC, certainly someone to watch, and it doesn't hurt that his new assistant is SMOKING hot...

Anyway, at the end of tonights episode was a "Coming up" clip segment of the new season, and what looks like episodes 8 & 9 featured a scene that showed the new assistant being swallowed up by the ground as the Doctor tried to pull her out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biKRu2VLoKs

The VERY quick flash of the scene appears at 1'46"

Certainly looks promising..

And even if the scene is a loser, the new season looks brilliant.

water_bug_62208

Re: New Dr. Who scene coming?

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Wow, that show has come a long way in its overall looks.

That scene at 1:46 looks as if it may be a continuation of what started at 1:03 when she went through the floor. From the 1:03 frame foward, the Doctor is trying to pull her from the hole, but fails. From the 1:46 frame forward, it looks like the same place, you can see the thickness of the conrete floor off to her side, but now there seems to be a lot of dirt in the hole she's disappearing into.

Hmmm... if it is a continuation of the scene starting at 1:03... Is it debris from the collapse of the floor surrounding her? Is there some sort of mire beneath the floor that she's sinking into? Looks interesting. Heck, what they have planned for this new season looks interesting. Oh, yeah, his new assistant most certainly is HOT!

Thanks for sharing this!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Awesome clip! Although to be truthful, I don't think it is a sinking so much as trying to prevent her from falling through a concrete floor or something like that...

Here in the Great White North, Dr. Who's fifth season is being broadcast on Space in two weeks time... I think Apr 16 or 17... based on this, I can't wait!

Thanks for the link! :D

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:34 am

Looks promising.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:16 am

I have a feeling it is just a case of being buried in dirt rather than a bog... still looks intersting though.

For the first 10 minutes of the new Doctor Who i was unsure, the crazy quirkiness of the new Doctor just after regeneration I found a bit irritating. But once it was about 15 minutes in and the monster emerged as a man with his dog... it was brilliant from that point on.

Probably the best season opener since they brought back the series in 2005.

A hell of a lot better than 2005's first episode "Rose"... that was dreadful. As was the second episode. If I had been a casual sci-fi fan rather specifically a Doctor Who fan I wouldn't have bothered to watch any more. So... from two episodes of crapness to 10 minutes of crapness is a pretty fine improvement!

paladin

Postby paladin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:15 am

It looks to be a scene with potential! The series 5 (31 in you count classic Doc, and I for ONE, DO INDEED!) opener; was FANTASTIC! And, not only was Matt Smith GREAT as the new Doc; as already mentioned here; he has a SUPER SMOKIN' HOT new companion!!! Here's hoping the scene doesn't disappoint from a sinking perspective! I'm already pretty SURE the new season WON'T disappoint from a an entertainment perspective!

julie

Postby julie » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:16 am

I've seen every Dr Who episode I can find on tv and online:) I love that show, I can't wait till next Sat so I can see the new season :)
Ok where do guys put all that food they eat?

ELOfanatic

Postby ELOfanatic » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:39 am

paladin wrote:It looks to be a scene with potential! The series 5 (31 in you count classic Doc, and I for ONE, DO INDEED!) opener; was FANTASTIC! And, not only was Matt Smith GREAT as the new Doc; as already mentioned here; he has a SUPER SMOKIN' HOT new companion!!! Here's hoping the scene doesn't disappoint from a sinking perspective! I'm already pretty SURE the new season WON'T disappoint from a an entertainment perspective!
i saw the promo too and am hopeful thank god for BBC america

ELO

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Just watched the intro episode of the new Doctor. I think I might like it. He's very different - looks like he just walked out of a teen novel- but he's definitely the Doctor. The style of the first episode hearkened back to the Pertwee/Troughton era- monsters and aliens. My daughter is still pining for David Tennant, though.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 pm

nachtjaeger wrote: My daughter is still pining for David Tennant, though.

Who isn't? :) He was a hard act to follow, the hardest since Tom Baker, actually... IMHO.

But I really liked this. Great start, pretty cool Doc, attractive companion... (red headed Scottish girl? Rowr!) and a season which looks like it could seriously rock. I'm looking forward to this. :D

Return to “Off Topic”