So... it’s been a while.

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.

So... it’s been a while.

Postby 101927700 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:30 am

Hey everyone. Been a while since you’ve seen a new topic from me, hasn’t it? Yeah... after everything that went down in 2016, I decided to fly under the radar for a long time. Occasionally popping in and posting a thing or two, but not really “existing”, if you get what I’m saying. To be honest, looking back on how I acted back then, I can see why almost everybody hated me, and it’s a miracle things didn’t escalate beyond threads being locked. Suffice it to say, things have definitely changed since then. After all, it’s been just over 35 months. So... firstly, I would like to apologize for how I acted back then. I had little concept of how social interactions were supposed to work, but that certainly doesn’t excuse my behavior. Three years on, I now run a private Discord server themed around a video game franchise called Hyperdimension Neptunia - you might have heard about it through some art (namely A020’s series on Vert and Nepgear sinking) and a few stories posted here. Over the course of the past year, I have fallen deeply in love with this series. Every character, even the villains, are likable and well written (in my opinion). Now, why am I mentioning this series? Well, I haven’t posted a proper story to this forum in over three years, and the last time I did, it was all piles of hot garbage that I myself cringe at when I read today. Like, seriously, why did I feel the need to force my other fetishes into my writing all the time? I could go on, but I’m not sure if there’s a character limit. My point is... in this discord server, I recently decided to try my hand at writing a quicksand story again. So, I did a roleplay with somebody else there, who was curious to know what quicksand-themed writing was like. I was originally going to show them one of my old stories, but like I said, those stories are all dumpster fires. So, I decided to write a new one, through the roleplay, with them. And, for the first time ever, I actually had fun writing a sinking story. It took them a few lines to catch on to how exactly to do things, but they’re an adaptive writer, and got the hang of it pretty quickly. A few hours later, we finished up, and they’d had fun too, despite the fact that they’d never done a quicksand-themed roleplay before. Now, reading back through the story, I believe it might just be good enough to edit together and post as its own story. And that’s why I’ve come back. I’m barely the person I was 3 years ago anymore.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

DJlurker

Re: So... it’s been a while.

Postby DJlurker » Fri May 31, 2019 4:04 pm

Welcome back. And since you’re a Hyperdimension Neptunia fan now, allow me to show you the stories I’ve written based on the series:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/8074435/

Not much quicksand, but this IS the Off Topic forum... anyway, please leave reviews if you enjoy my prose! ;)

Green Heart

Re: So... it’s been a while.

Postby Green Heart » Fri May 31, 2019 6:17 pm

Welcome back ^^

And wow, im surprised to see those two Art commissions I had made were such an inspiration for you ^^ Mind if I see this story before its complete? I could be a beta reader for you or something, whats your discord handle?

Edit: Wait a minute, I think I actually already know you, I was a bit confused lol.

Return to “Off Topic”