Plans if you win the lottery?

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
nachtjaeger

Plans if you win the lottery?

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat May 02, 2009 12:46 am

The PowerBall lottery is up over $200 million right now. I splurged and bought a couple dollars of quick picks- gotta be in it to win it, right?

Here are my plans if I hit the big prize:

1. Pay off all debts, and buy Mom a new house. Okay, there goes less than a quarter mil.

2. Buy the 80 acres across the street from us so we can build our dream house on the hilltop.

3. Quit my day job and run my new business full time instead of nights & weekends.

4. Hire Asia Carrera and Robin Coleman to do a video shoot at Studio 588.

5. Make the pilgrimage to Chester, IL.

6. Select a religious/ethnic/cultural group, become their beloved leader, then lead them on a crusade for world domination. ;)

Okay, what is everybody else planning when they hit the mega-jackpot?
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Duncan Edwards

Re: Plans if you win the lottery?

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat May 02, 2009 2:44 am

This has been the subject of several late night conversations between Dave and I. I'm not much of a "stuff" kind of person so most of the money would go into a trust fund for a particular charitable endevour. Then I'd take care of my extended family to a certain degree and maybe buy a new truck. After that, Dave and I run wild all over the world. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

claykid

Postby claykid » Sat May 02, 2009 4:02 am

what would i do if i won the lottery

1. build fred the biggest morton shed ever built so he could have a year round quicksand den of delight.

2. fly daves models from the phillipines over to america to experience real quicksand

3. buyout messyfun and build my own claypit film studio

4. buy duncan his own photography studio for quicksand photography only

5 take care of family

6. set up charitable foundation

other than that have alot of fun

claykid

UberGaijin

Postby UberGaijin » Sat May 02, 2009 4:08 am

nachtjaeger wrote:Okay, what is everybody else planning when they hit the mega-jackpot?

Faint. After that, well, I'm working on it.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat May 02, 2009 5:09 am

1.)Ferrari Enzo (Track Car)
2.)Ford GT500 (Daily Driver)
3.)Ford F350 W/ Crew Cab, 8' bed, duel wheels, stick shift & the biggest turbodiesel they make <insert Tim Allenesque grunt here> complete with trailer to tow Enzo to the track.
4.)100 acre wooded lot with a Chalet style log cabin stuck right in the middle of it. Attached 8 car garage.
Done. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat May 02, 2009 6:10 am

1. Stop working IMMEDIATELY.

2. Set up my family for life.

3. Hire a maid (but no, I don't care about having a new house or a new car or any of that).

4. Embark on a nationwide traveling spree that I'll plan with Google Earth and title:

"Mudpit Tours Of America".

Nessie

Herzeleid

Postby Herzeleid » Sat May 02, 2009 1:57 pm

1: Tell my boss to shove his job where the sun don't shine!
2: set up my family financially for life
3: Buy my own house in the country
4: Build an observatory for a HUGE telescope in the garden
5: construct my own personal quicksand pit
6: Travel to the US to watch the Washington Redskins
7: Ask Paris Kennedy to marry me!
Oh bugger! I forgot . . . I don't DO the lottery , lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein" ( God knows I don't want to be an angel )
_ Rammstein, "Engel"

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Sat May 02, 2009 2:20 pm

Herzeleid wrote:1: Tell my boss to shove his job where the sun don't shine!

Take care of my family, then:

Buy Trollwood, install a few more pits, put up "Motel Quicksand", call for a producers/models reunion and fly everybody in, then hold a community wide party !!

(Not in any particular order)

Flaunt it to my former boss (who has since been demoted..(pfftt!!) with several voice mail messages.

Build a little league baseball complex with bus rides for the kids to home and back, (no parents allowed!!)

Put up a billboard across the street from my former place of employment with a picture of me waist deep in money smoking a cigar, holding up one finger, and smiling with the caption: enjoy your day!

Replace my computer and monitor!!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat May 02, 2009 6:39 pm

What I'd do if I'd win $200,000,000? Here, in my country?

Well, $40,000,000 goes for taxes
The rest I'd pay to bandits for they leaving me and my family alive.
The problem is not to do a mistake in finding the right bandits.
The best idea seems to start directly from the President and the Prime Minister. Unfortunately, they would take the money but never give me any assurance...
The Minister of Internal Affairs could be better choice... No assurance, though...
Huh... If only I could find the good bandits then, I hope, they could leave me some $10,000,000 at my disposal. I'd buy a house ($1,000,000), then go to travel around the world. Maybe I'd buy a house somewhere in Europe... I'd like Norway. But my wife likes warm seas. But I don't want to buy a house in any place where all the houses around are already bought by Russian mafia...

Well, fortunately, I didn't win a lottery

However, I'd like to win, say, $10,000. Or better $20,000 :roll:
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun May 03, 2009 1:40 am

Billie! I'm surprised at you. Hire your own "bodyguards" (bandits) from all the combat-hardened veterans who really need the work these days. Make sure they have enough to eat, plenty to drink, and a warm bed under a roof that doesn't leak, and they'll follow you into hell. Buy yourself a Dacha and a politician or three, and live like a Boyar.

We have a real problem with the Russian Mafia over here, too. They risk either getting killed or spending the rest of their lives in an American prison- either of which I am told is much better than spending life in a typical Moscow apartment. Plus, they drive the FBI crazy by doing legitimate business as often as criminal enterprise, and making it hard to tell which they are up to.

I remember a few years ago they were importing tens of thousands of gallons of windshield washer fluid from Russia to the US. Finally somebody realized that it could be made here cheaper than it can be shipped from Russia! :?: Turns out it was actually Vodka, dyed blue. They invented a process to remove the blue dye after they got it over here. :lol:

Billie Bonce wrote:What I'd do if I'd win $200,000,000? Here, in my country?

Well, $40,000,000 goes for taxes
The rest I'd pay to bandits for they leaving me and my family alive.
The problem is not to do a mistake in finding the right bandits.
The best idea seems to start directly from the President and the Prime Minister. Unfortunately, they would take the money but never give me any assurance...
The Minister of Internal Affairs could be better choice... No assurance, though...
Huh... If only I could find the good bandits then, I hope, they could leave me some $10,000,000 at my disposal. I'd buy a house ($1,000,000), then go to travel around the world. Maybe I'd buy a house somewhere in Europe... I'd like Norway. But my wife likes warm seas. But I don't want to buy a house in any place where all the houses around are already bought by Russian mafia...

Well, fortunately, I didn't win a lottery

However, I'd like to win, say, $10,000. Or better $20,000 :roll:
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Off Topic”