Kirk Douglas.

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
OBI-wan

Kirk Douglas.

Postby OBI-wan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 am

Dead at 103.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

DJlurker

Re: Kirk Douglas.

Postby DJlurker » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:11 am

He sure lived a long time… Rest in peace. :ugeek:

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:54 pm

One of the very last greats of Hollywood's best years. Huge fitness fanatic who was still in great shape way into his later years. I remember he spent as much or more time naked in Saturn 3 as Farrah Fawcett did and it kind of worked. How many guys would have the guts to do that at age 63? Here he is at age 70 doing his own gym stuff for Tough Guys (1986) - https://youtu.be/RAaXGPCR6Tw

I'm a big movie fan in general and especially from his best days. People forget that he produced two of his greatest movies - Paths of Glory and Spartacus . They only remember that Stanley Kubrick directed both. He could actually act. And he didn't have to take himself all that seriously. He stole the screen from heavy James Mason every time he showed up in 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea

They don't make them like that any more.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:59 pm

103. Figures. He was too tough to die early.

I bet every time the Grim Reaper walked up and tapped him on the shoulder, Kirk would spit in his eye and walk away.

I guess ol' Kirk finally ran out of spit. ;)

REST IN PEACE, dear sir.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:47 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:One of the very last greats of Hollywood's best years. Huge fitness fanatic who was still in great shape way into his later years. .... He stole the screen from heavy James Mason every time he showed up in 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea

I noticed how buffed he was in that movie (I'm sure that shirt was tight for a reason). And I usually don't notice that sort of thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:05 pm

dlodoski wrote:I noticed how buffed he was in that movie (I'm sure that shirt was tight for a reason). And I usually don't notice that sort of thing.

He was a fanatic about showing it off too. One reason why he's got at least his shirt off in most of his movies. 20,000 Leagues was one of his favorite movies but he objected to the lack of any women and enough action. He and Walt worked out the idea of Kirk making his entrance with two girls and Walt even got Whale of a Tale for him to sing before he gets in a fight.

And then of course there was Spartacus Not bad for a 44 year old guy in 1960.

spartacus.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:07 am

I just saw a photo of him at 103. If it weren't captioned then I never would have recognized him.

This is better;

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

mark

Postby mark » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:06 am

I am Spartacus!

Return to “Off Topic”