Best Fictional Quotes

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Fred588
Producer

Re: Best Fictional Quotes

Postby Fred588 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Perhaps. I was never a fan of Stallone.

Tim Kelly wrote:
Fred588 wrote:Spoken by a Dalek when challenged by a buck of Cybemen: "This is not war, this is pest control"

Didn't Sly Stallone say something similar in "Cobra", just before killing the last remaining villain? He hung the man on a hook before sending him into a blast furnace, the villain pleaded for his life , screaming "This is murder!" Sly replied, "No it ain't, it's pest control!"
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:20 am

From 'The Fifth Element:'

The Mangalore leader is holding the priest and several other hostages, holed up during an intense firefight with Korben Dallas and the ship's crew.

Korben, from cover, to one of the crew members: We need to find the leader, Mangalores won't fight without the leader.

The Mangalore leader stands, his weapon to the priest's head: One more shot, we start killing hostages.

Korben, aside to the crewman: That's the leader.

Mangalore leader: Send someone to negotiate!

Crewman to Korben, stammering: I...I...I've never negotiated!

Korben: Mind if I try?

Crewman: No, no...sure, sure!

Crewman, shouting to the Magalore leader: We're sending someone in to negotiate!

Korben breaks cover, strides quickly into the room, pulls a weapon from behind his back and blasts the surprised Mangalore leader clean in the head; the Mangalore drops dead.

Korben: Anyone else wanna negotiate?
Damn this slow quicksand! I have half a mind to struggle!

Theo

Postby Theo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:39 am

I love movies, movie quotes, and quotes in general, so I kinda went nuts with this. I could probably do a hundred but I just did the first few that came to mind.

“Forgiveness, is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.”
― Man on Fire

"Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window."
― Black Hawk Down

"I can't face the world in the morning. I must have coffee before I can speak."
― Shadow of a Doubt

"Intelligence. Nothing has caused the human race so much trouble as intelligence."
― Rear Window

"Only one is A wanderer. Two together are always going somewhere."
― Vertigo

Betty: “What’ll we do in the meantime?”
Wilma: “In the meantime, we get meaner.”
― The Flintstone’s

“The other day somebody asked me: who do you think is the greatest spy of all time? I answered: we’ll probably never know.”
― Me, until I can find someone who said it first

“The wise speak only of what they know.”
― Gandalf
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 am

From The Newsroom

Sloan: Okay...

Don [smiling]: 'Sup?

Sloan: Okay, I know we were on sketchy ground ethically and linguistically, but...

Don: Whatever you're gonna say, save it for another 10 seconds.

Sloan: What happens in 10 seconds?

Don: Just hang on for another 5 seconds and know that we've all been there at one point or another.

Sloan: What happens in 5 seconds?

Charlie [storms in, screaming]: WHAT IN THE NAME OF HOLY FUCK WERE YOU THINKING ABOUT?!

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:18 am

I remember this quote from the movie Star Trek The Undiscovered Country. When Spock had to tell Kirk he was the best person to negotiate with the Klingons he said: "There is a old Vulcan proverb: 'Only Nixon can go to China!. ' "
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:13 pm

mudmaiden wrote:I remember this quote from the movie Star Trek The Undiscovered Country. When Spock had to tell Kirk he was the best person to negotiate with the Klingons he said: "There is a old Vulcan proverb: 'Only Nixon can go to China!. ' "

:lol:

General Chang: I am as constant as the northern star...
McCoy: I'd give real money if he'd shut up.

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:30 pm

"Angry Man is un-secure" (translation: the Incredible Hulk is out of confinement and is really, REALLY, pissed)
-General Ross to "The President"
-"Hulk"
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:34 pm

"Shit"
(Judge Dredd has just turned a corner and come face-to-face with Ma-Ma's minigun Battery)
_"Dredd"
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Mon May 03, 2021 12:19 pm

Mr Mudster wrote:One obscure that will probably be beyond everyone here:

Vortigaunt: "Ah! No pit would be complete without a Freeman climbing out of it!"

Let me guess; from "Dune", right?
(a month later)

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:33 pm

From "The Long Game" Dr Who episode from 2005: The Dr, Rose, and Adam have just arrived on a satellite 200,000 years in the future. When they see the Earth below and Adam learns it is 200,000 years in the future, he faints.

Dr: "He's your boyfriend..."

Rose: "Not anymore."
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “Off Topic”