Clive Cussler

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Clive Cussler

Postby Mynock » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:59 pm

RIP......the world has lost a prolific and amazing story teller. Been reading this guys books since grade school when I pulled "Raise The Titanic!" off the shelf in my local library. :(
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Clive Cussler

Postby dlodoski » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:56 am

Mynock wrote:RIP......the world has lost a prolific and amazing story teller. Been reading this guys books since grade school when I pulled "Raise The Titanic!" off the shelf in my local library. :(

I really enjoyed the movie Sahara. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318649/

But I remember reading at the time it came out that Clive Cussler was really difficult to deal with regarding releasing any of his other stories for movie treatment. That's too bad.

(Disclaimer - I was an Alistair Mclean fan as a teenager - and later, Tom Clancy).
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

quickman

Postby quickman » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:39 am

I've read many of his books and was just finishing "Poseidon's Arrow" this week when I heard he died.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am

dlodoski wrote:But I remember reading at the time it came out that Clive Cussler was really difficult to deal with regarding releasing any of his other stories for movie treatment. That's too bad.

His problem was the same one I inevitably have with movies based on a book I like. He wanted to take HIS story, turn it into a script, and make a movie. Everybody else wanted to artistic liscense this and spice up that and oh what if we just make this scene totally the opposite of what was in the book!
Read Sahara when you get a chance. If you liked the movie you'll love the novel.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

SmileyMcDeath

Postby SmileyMcDeath » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:52 pm

Vixen 03 was my introduction to his work.

RIP, Mister Cussler. And you too, Mister Pitt. A poor world just got a little bit poorer.

:(

Return to “Off Topic”