Douglas is coming

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Chimerix

Douglas is coming

Postby Chimerix » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:40 pm

It's that time of year again. Rotating water storage, stocking up on canned food, checking all the prep from last year...
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Mynock

Re: Douglas is coming

Postby Mynock » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:11 am

Sounds like you're pretty well prepared. Hope you make it through without any issues.
Dumb question......are Hurricanes, like, attracted to islands in some way? Does the shallow water or land somehow draw them in? It just seems like a crazy coincidence that this thing would aim right at a small island chain when it's got the whole Pacific to play in.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:48 am

Douglas! Ugh! I hate that guy! :lol:

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:53 pm

Mynock wrote:Dumb question......are Hurricanes, like, attracted to islands in some way? Does the shallow water or land somehow draw them in? It just seems like a crazy coincidence that this thing would aim right at a small island chain when it's got the whole Pacific to play in.

Well, it sure feels that way sometimes. I think we had half-a-dozen "watch out" scenarios last season. I suppose the flip side is that while this hurricane is heading straight for us, the first three of the season never even came close enough for us to hear their names.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to “Off Topic”