Who wants to know my Daz Studio "secrets" ? ;)

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
DangerousWill

Re: Who wants to know my Daz Studio "secrets" ? ;)

Postby DangerousWill » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:27 am

I gave up on faking the impressions using primitives. Its hard, and as its negative drawing it doesn't feel as natural. I prefer to puppeteer the victim and add the mud and then build upon that.
The thing that I find interesting is that as the actress pushes through the mud, the mud should cling and drip off, and Dforce does just that, only poorly. So I figured instead of fighting against that, I should work with Dforce's suggestions.
So I used primitives as positive shapes, with shader applied to add to the drip off.
I think with a bit of tweaking, with the skin mud shader applied and a bit more reflective wetness in the mud, this will look realistic and cool.

I've used cones in all of these.

mud cape.png

mud train.png

Technically the mud should drape slightly, but it does look sticky. Somewhere between clay and oobleck.

cling.png

In the last image the spikes bugged in that they moved down from the hand to the elbow. I figured out that Dforce was suggesting that the mud should be running down her arm. So I added a sphere that she picks up, which then slides out her hand and down to her elbow while a flattened cone follows. Or in other words, she picks up a globule of mud which dribbles down her arm.

Given that I've tested this on the worst possible animation with the figure moving all around, then this should be even better in a straight down sink.

Still got some more animating to do before I paint the mud on her skin, but I think this is salvageable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:32 am

Those clinging effects look like they would be perfect for tar pit scenes! :)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:16 am

Boggy Man wrote:Those clinging effects look like they would be perfect for tar pit scenes! :)

Now there's an idea!

DangerousWill

Postby DangerousWill » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 am

Oh the idea is stuck, believe me. What I need is a tar pit shader.

On a side note, after mentioning my first Dforce video on here, I noticed a request about it in the request forum. Turns out he has a copy he was hoping to attach. So it may not be as lost as I thought.

DangerousWill

Postby DangerousWill » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:22 pm

So I did some experimenting with the shaders I have. So I took a hot tub and started filling it with stuff while taking pictures.

test asphalt shiny.png

Of course Domonique started getting interested...

test chrome dark 25.png

She said it would work better if there was something interacting with it...

test car midnight blue darkened.png

Then she got distracted…

test flip flop all dark.png

Oh course I still had to mix the goo and keep experimenting while they got in the way

test flip flop super dark 50 - 25.png

So what do you think for a shader? I think I got it at mix 5, but I'm interested to know what others think. That's all I have time for as I've got to go fish a woman out my tar-tub...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SPACEMARINE394

Postby SPACEMARINE394 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:34 am

I don't work with Daz but these look very good, especially the girl sinking/stuck in green slime. I hope we can see more of her in the future. Incidentally I have that movie of the girl tied to the pole; very sexy.
FOR THE EMPEROR

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:12 pm

3 and 5 look pretty good. :)

onesixthsinker

Postby onesixthsinker » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:25 am

I feel that at a certain point, the strive to achieve what we perceive as realism becomes "hyper" realism, and then detracts from the work and at least for me, becomes more of a distraction and the artifacts caused by trying too hard to achieve a desired look, then simply ruin the art.

I'm all for stylized works for sure, clearly in my works, specifically the dry sand sinks, I like to use that more undulating surface object to portray a sense of exactly that... undulation. I'm currently working on a tar set myself for commission, though I'll be using other methods for stylizing the gooey tar, but as for texture, this is what I have used for my sets in the past...

TAR TEASER 1.png
OSS / Nomino-Tacet
https://www.deviantart.com/nomino-tacet
Full size images, exclusive content, and more at:
https://www.patreon.com/nomino_tacet

SPACEMARINE394

Postby SPACEMARINE394 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:49 am

The girl in the tar has a great expression. "Are you going to help me out of this or just stand there?"
FOR THE EMPEROR

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Fri May 14, 2021 11:30 pm

I just posted my first actual work with the dForce sim approach in the TGS tour thread. It's subtle and perfecting it will require a lot more trial and error. Also things will get even more complicated if I use other dForce items in the scene as I will have to switch gravity depending on what I am simulating.

onesixthsinker wrote:I feel that at a certain point, the strive to achieve what we perceive as realism becomes "hyper" realism, and then detracts from the work and at least for me, becomes more of a distraction and the artifacts caused by trying too hard to achieve a desired look, then simply ruin the art.

I'm all for stylized works for sure, clearly in my works, specifically the dry sand sinks, I like to use that more undulating surface object to portray a sense of exactly that... undulation. I'm currently working on a tar set myself for commission, though I'll be using other methods for stylizing the gooey tar, but as for texture, this is what I have used for my sets in the past...

I think there are plenty of ways to make things look the way we want in stills. But I have been thinking of entering animation territory for a while and most of my techniques for moddeling the bogs do not translate well into that. I am still not convinced that dForce can do that, but the results are more promising than what I have achieved with Fluidos 2 so far (which is really sad considering that this should be the proper tool for the job).
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Return to “Off Topic”