Tom and Jerry.

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
OBI-wan

Tom and Jerry.

Postby OBI-wan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:02 pm

Meh.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Duncan Edwards

Re: Tom and Jerry.

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:01 pm

I was a huge fan back in the day. Great stuff for 20 minutes when I was a kid but I don't see how it could stretch much longer than that. Especially in today's "you can't do that" environment. Too bad.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Sandy Place

Postby Sandy Place » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:40 pm

Likewise, Duncan.

I was never a huge Wizard of Oz fan myself, but I don't have high hopes for the remake that was recently announced.
Some things should just be left alone and enjoyed (or ignored if it's not your thing) in their original form.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:15 am

Sandy Pointe wrote:Likewise, Duncan.

I was never a huge Wizard of Oz fan myself, but I don't have high hopes for the remake that was recently announced.
Some things should just be left alone and enjoyed (or ignored if it's not your thing) in their original form.

I think Hollywood has gone as far as it can go with unique and original ideas. It seems like all they can do is half assed remakes of the originals and nerf the antagonists and protagonists to wimp like levels.

For instance; Robocop. Like if you’re going to do a remake, do a proper homage to the OG. I don’t care how good the GFI is...a PG13 rating wasn’t why we watched it.

Of course there are some exceptions to the rule. Rob Zombies Halloween was alright although I’m not sure on the whole sympathetic approach to Michael Meyers took but at least it was original and fit in the cannon ( Add the fact that Tyler Mane is freaking monster).
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:17 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:I was a huge fan back in the day. Great stuff for 20 minutes when I was a kid but I don't see how it could stretch much longer than that. Especially in today's "you can't do that" environment. Too bad.

Same. 30 minutes? Definitely. 2 hours? I mean how long can you watch a cat and mouse abuse each other and still be entertained?

On another note, at least Animaniacs is back on :D
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:38 am

Maybe if it were Itchy and Scratchy.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

EVysther

Postby EVysther » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:38 am

The wife and I barely made it through ten minutes....just meandered too much....too bad, had a lot of potential...
Eric Vysther

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery -
today is a gift...that's why it's called the present!
"

Return to “Off Topic”