Joe Lara

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
DarthMau

Joe Lara

Postby DarthMau » Mon May 31, 2021 2:45 am

Duncan Edwards

Re: Joe Lara

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:33 pm

I saw this in the news and didn't make the connection until now. Nashville is known as the "buckle on the Bible belt" and the airport in Smyrna is a former Air Force Base that seems to be the place where televangelists and spiritual showbiz types operate out of. Sorry to hear this.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:00 am

From what I gathered, he was the pilot and likely suffered from spatial disorientation in the clouds. Serious overspeed of the older Citation, like 50 knots over the VNE which would have likely caused pieces of the aircraft to depart from their intended location (control surfaces and possibly even a wing) prior to the crash.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:36 am

schlamm wrote:From what I gathered, he was the pilot and likely suffered from spatial disorientation in the clouds. Serious overspeed of the older Citation, like 50 knots over the VNE which would have likely caused pieces of the aircraft to depart from their intended location (control surfaces and possibly even a wing) prior to the crash.

Yeah. He'd had his license for passenger jet about a year. Sounds like another case of "I have money so I'm a pilot".
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Off Topic”