Happy Fourth

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Fred588
Producer

Happy Fourth

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:52 pm

This is just to wish everyone here, and also those not here, a happy, AND SAFE, Independence Day in the USA. For those from elsewhere, have a happy, and SAFE, July 4.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Re: Happy Fourth

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:28 pm

Fred588 wrote:This is just to wish everyone here, and also those not here, a happy, AND SAFE, Independence Day in the USA. For those from elsewhere, have a happy, and SAFE, July 4.

Yes indeed. It's almost worth another celebration just because I survived a lot of celebration in my youth. Now I'm merely a spectator -

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/400k- ... ly-weekend

No matter how big the mess, it's America. God Bless. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:52 pm

Happy 4th to all! Remember to be safe with the fireworks. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:43 am

ENJOY, ALL!
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 pm

Pick of my setup for this year, took just before I finished fusing it up. Used a combo of Pyrodemon "Fear The Night" and Great Mamba 60 gram canisters. Went off great, not a single dud. Got a buddy sending me a video, will upload to YouTube when Inget the chance. :D
EDA14E20-660C-40B0-ACDF-10D86745F8D4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:26 pm

That's impressive. Looks like more than typical fireworks stand stuff. Where you get that?
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:29 pm

They are on the upper end of what you buy commercial (without special liscensing/permits). Any decent fireworks store should stock 2.00" mortars. They generally come as a kit with 24 shells and 4 single use tubes to fire them off. You drop a shell in the tube, light fuse and run. The more grams in the shell the higher it goes and the bigger the burst.

If you want to step up your game you can buy a mortar rack like you see there, they come in tons of different varieties. Then you can fuse however many tubes you have together, light one fuse, and sit back and enjoy instead of lighting them off one or two at a time.

In the end it saves you money over the pre-wired cakes with funny names you see people buying. A similar cake thpe product with 20-30 shots would run you $150-$200. The boxes of shells go for $50-$100 depending on the gram count. Plus you get the fun of witing up a bunch of explosives. :)
--Sun Tzu

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:45 pm

--Sun Tzu

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:00 am

Happy belated Treason Day y'all! ;)

May God bless our great nation and all those within for another 243 years ― and beyond! (Imagine several US Flag emoji's here)

“Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ―Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Theo on Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:07 am

That's awesome Mynock! You look like a pro! I never do fireworks, I just love to watch ;)

My 4th of July contribution is smoking and grilling. My Big Green Egg never cooled down all weekend :lol: Next year you're more than welcome at my place. I'll provide the meats, if you provide the pyrotechnics? ;)
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Return to “Off Topic”