Any fans of gunpla?

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Niveous

Any fans of gunpla?

Postby Niveous » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:19 am

I've got a collection that's slowly growing, but I've been holding off on buying any lately because I'm trying to save for a PC. That being said, with my birthday next month, I've decided to treat myself a bit with (hopefully if they still have it in stock) my first Perfect Grade. This bad boy is just shy of $300 and hoooo boy is it gonna be a dozy to build. Looking forward to it!

Villein

Re: Any fans of gunpla?

Postby Villein » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:54 pm

I am so old that I did not know it was called Gunpla until the advent of the Internet.
The less said about the use of glue on my early models, at a time where there was no internet and I still could not read Japanese character sets, the better.

Right now I am putting together some older kits, Operation V kit at the very moment.
It is the nerd version of making a ship in the bottle for me.
PLEASE DELETE

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:27 pm

My little bro was big into Gundam back in late 90's / early 00's. He had a bunch of those models and did some awesome custom paint jobs on them. I remember being amazed at how detailed they were. Don't think any of them cost nearly that much though. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Niveous

Postby Niveous » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:18 am

Mynock wrote:My little bro was big into Gundam back in late 90's / early 00's. He had a bunch of those models and did some awesome custom paint jobs on them. I remember being amazed at how detailed they were. Don't think any of them cost nearly that much though. 8-)

They usually don't. High Grades are 1/144 scale and generally cost around $20. Master Grades are 1/100 and typically cost between $40 and $100 depending on the type (for example, there is a version of one of them that costs $20 more because it's all gold). Real Grade are also 1/144 scale, but are much more detailed and posable than High Grades and typically go for about $40 to $60. Finally there is Perfect Grade, which is the one I'm getting, at 1/60 scale. They usually cost between $150 to $400 and are more rare than the others.

There are a few others, like the Mega Size, which is 1/48 going for about $150, and the ones used as display at hobby shops being as big as a person at 1/12 scale, though I highly doubt that it's an actual model.

Return to “Off Topic”