Farewell To An Old Friend....

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Farewell To An Old Friend....

Postby Mynock » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:02 am

After 15 years, 2 months and 184,077 miles of mud rocks and near death experiences, it's finally time for Ol' Rusty to ride off into the sunset. Happy trails old friend...... :(
2900CB32-2379-4648-BAE1-F322179514F5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

H8ms2014

Re: Farewell To An Old Friend....

Postby H8ms2014 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:28 am

She looks good for a senior :D 8-)

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:28 pm

I never planned to keep it this long but every time I got to the point where new car shopping was a possibility life got in the way. Either I got a new job, or just bought a house, etc, it was just always not a good time to take on extra debt. But not having car payment for 10 years was what allowed me to do those things, so she got me where I am today in both the literal and figurative sense. Lot of sentimental value there.....
--Sun Tzu

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:01 pm

Having a fun time keeping the girlfriend's '93 Cherokee going (he said sarcastically). Actually, it's not that bad, but it's time to replace every flexible vacuum line in the beast. 174K miles, but was not driven much for the first 10 years of its life. She also has a much newer Toyota, but the Jeep is a hand-me-down from her mom and has sentimental value, so she's been turning down the occasional offer for it. It's actually pretty useful for hauling my video gear to my shoots.
Damn this slow quicksand! I have half a mind to struggle!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:12 pm

The XJ's have almost as much of an aftermarket as the Wranglers, shouldn't be hard to find parts, if body and frame are in good shape I'd say go for it. Might want to look into new wiring harnesses too, cracked insulation and shorts are going to be another issue with one that old.
I thought about going for it and doing a body off resto / refresh but it would've been too much money. For the price I can finally go get my dream truck. There's an M35A2 Deuce for sale newr me, going to check out that beast this weekend. :twisted:
--Sun Tzu

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:25 pm

There's an M35A2 Deuce for sale newr me, going to check out that beast this weekend.

Don't short change yourself...go for that Unimog you always wanted! :D

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:16 pm

I love Unimogs!!! But the pratical side of a Deuce is that when you're not playing in the mud with it you have a 2 1/2 ton pickup truck that can tow anything you hook to it. Also it's way more road friendly. They say Unimogs have a top end of 55mph but I've never seen one get up over 40. The Deuce will at least maintain 60 unless you're going uphill so you can do highway travel.
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:41 pm

That's a noble rig there. I always miss them until the new one arrives anyway. :D

Interesting timing on this as my 2010 Ford Ranger just clicked 250,000 miles. I'd like to get a new truck but I'm too cheap to do it while this one still runs.

IMG_6081.jpg

MPV_1351.JPG

MPV_6465.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:11 pm

Interesting timing on this as my 2010 Ford Ranger just clicked 250,000 miles. I'd like to get a new truck but I'm too cheap to do it while this one still runs.

It might be a collector's item now, for various reasons.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:04 am

Mynock wrote:After 15 years, 2 months and 184,077 miles of mud rocks and near death experiences, it's finally time for Ol' Rusty to ride off into the sunset. Happy trails old friend...... :(

She's indeed a beautiful old gal. I have a Jeep Cherokee that I bought new in '92... she's done everything I've asked of her and she has been most outstanding in hauling things around. I've invested quite a bit to keep her going over the years and have no plans on letting her go.

Thanks for sharing the story of your lady with us!

Return to “Off Topic”