Michael Nesmith

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
OBI-wan

Michael Nesmith

Postby OBI-wan » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:04 am

RIP.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

MadMax359

Re: Michael Nesmith

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:42 pm

i still enjoy their songs

and i'm pretty sure Michael is the one who thought of having Jimi Hendricks as their opening act, when they were at the height of their fame
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:15 pm

He was the smart Monkee in real life. My favorite when I was young because he was tall and spoke with an accent I was used to. He had a hand in the creation of the country rock genre that the Eagles popularized and also helped get music videos off the ground. Used to come to Nashville now and then as one of those business people in the music business. Missed out on a chance to see him at the Bluebird Cafe one night years ago. Another piece of my early years is gone. That's happening too much lately.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:28 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:He was the smart Monkee in real life. My favorite when I was young because he was tall and spoke with an accent I was used to. He had a hand in the creation of the country rock genre that the Eagles popularized and also helped get music videos off the ground. Used to come to Nashville now and then as one of those business people in the music business. Missed out on a chance to see him at the Bluebird Cafe one night years ago. Another piece of my early years is gone. That's happening too much lately.

He came from a talented family as well. His mother, Bette Nesmith Graham, invented Liquid Paper.

I'll miss the man. RIP, Mr. Wool Hat.
Damn this slow quicksand! I have half a mind to struggle!

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:35 pm

MadMax359 wrote:i still enjoy their songs

and i'm pretty sure Michael is the one who thought of having Jimi Hendricks as their opening act, when they were at the height of their fame

And even had Frank Zappa as a guest on an episode of the TV show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=111kk3b6Qfw
Damn this slow quicksand! I have half a mind to struggle!

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:35 pm

SabbieMobili wrote:
MadMax359 wrote:i still enjoy their songs

And even had Frank Zappa as a guest on an episode of the TV show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=111kk3b6Qfw

LOL i had forgotten that!
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Return to “Off Topic”