Taylor Hawkins

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
OBI-wan

Taylor Hawkins

Postby OBI-wan » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:42 pm

:( RIP.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

TK421

Re: Taylor Hawkins

Postby TK421 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:27 am

As a drummer, this guts me. He was a phenomenal drummer and contributed so much! Gone way too soon. :(
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:36 pm

The medical examiner in Bogota is reporting this morning that first results found a list of ten different substances from THC to anti-depressants to Opioids in his system. That shit creeps up on you and especially in combinations. By the time you are 50 you ain't 30 anymore. Just a damn shame.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:09 pm

First Kurt Cobain, now this guy. Dave Grohl can’t catch a break.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:23 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:The medical examiner in Bogota is reporting this morning that first results found a list of ten different substances from THC to anti-depressants to Opioids in his system. That shit creeps up on you and especially in combinations. By the time you are 50 you ain't 30 anymore. Just a damn shame.

I’ve since walked away from “the scene” in favor for playing locally for other bands as a session drummer and doing the occasional reunion gig but when I was on tour, that shit was in your face at every turn. Luckily, I never danced with that devil and stepped away long before I could.

Typical scenario goes like this:

“Take this to help keep your energy levels up for the next show”
“Take that to help bring you down so you can get some sleep in the van, bus or only God knows where tonight on the way to the next town”
“Take these for your lower back pain and tendinitis because your ass is hunched in a freaking stool for 2-3 hours a night”

By the time you blink, you are literally dosing 5-6 different drugs at the same time just to function because the road is just that brutal and we are not even at the recreational variety yet or alcohol. It really is no wonder why a lot of musician’s lives are cut short because of chemical dependency or abuse.

It’s a tragic loss that didn’t need to happen.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:40 am

OBI-wan wrote:First Kurt Cobain, now this guy. Dave Grohl can’t catch a break.

He has seen way more loses in his career than that. Layne Staley, Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland, Vinnie Paul and Dimebag just to name a few. This just hits closer to home. As I said, this crap is so easy to access once you are at that tier of musicianship, it’s not even funny. It’s scary how fast a doc will cut you a script so you can do what you do at that level. It’s even scarier how accessible the harder stuff is even when you’re not.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

EVysther

Postby EVysther » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:16 am

The mortality rate in Rock and Roll is frighteningly high...whether elicit substances or not, there is an entire parade of those cut down by chemical dependency....Brain Jones, Jimi, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Keith Moon, Bon Scott, James Honeyman-Scott, Phil Lynott, and on and on and on...
Eric Vysther

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery -
today is a gift...that's why it's called the present!
"

TK421

Postby TK421 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:05 am

EVysther wrote:The mortality rate in Rock and Roll is frighteningly high...whether elicit substances or not, there is an entire parade of those cut down by chemical dependency....Brain Jones, Jimi, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Keith Moon, Bon Scott, James Honeyman-Scott, Phil Lynott, and on and on and on...

Bruh! Keith Moon was my hero! Such a phenomenal and passionate player. Chaotic yet poetic. There just wasn’t too many drummers in that genre in that era who could tell a story behind the kit like that guy. Only two others I could put beyond him during that time period was Bonham and Watts.

Back on topic, it’s a tragic but true fact and the curse isn’t just confined to the rock genre. Heroin plagued much of the jazz greats such as Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, and Fats Navarro.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:52 am

Nobody lives forever. But the music of some will. 8-)
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:57 am

BogDog wrote:Nobody lives forever. But the music of some will. 8-)

Alas, truer words have never been spoken
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Return to “Off Topic”