For Nessie, Happiness is...

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
reisen55

For Nessie, Happiness is...

Postby reisen55 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:43 pm

There are other things equally gratifying, and updates for this board on little Charlie are called for from time to time. Here he is after a very recent grooming session, summer atire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nessie
Producer

Re: For Nessie, Happiness is...

Postby Nessie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 am

Oooh! Ahhh! He's the very definition of "cuteness"!

I love those soulful eyes!

The deep mudpit brings one kind of happiness, but there are other kinds of joy that, while different in nature from that of the mudpit, bring no less satisfaction...all I can say is if there does turn out to be a heaven, it's going to include mudpits...

...and dogs.

Lots of dogs.

Big dogs, little dogs, purebreds and mutts...all of which are warm and furry except for the hairless terrier, who is warm and bald, but still cuddly.

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Just for comparison, this is THE SAME DOG in December of 2009.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:08 am

I wonder if it's my imagination...obviously his fur is neater now...but there's something else...

Just examining the expression on that dog's face, he seems more relaxed in the more recent picture.

How do I interpret that?

He's happy to be living with you.

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:46 am

Awww. . . Charlie is so cute, and takes up much less of the bed than a bigger dog. Glad things worked out for both of you.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Recent Picture - happy dog.

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Last edited by schlamm on Sun May 12, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 am

Aww...I don't know what it is...but dogs...they are so cute when they roll over on their backs!

"Need your belly rubbed, Charlie? Of course you do!"

(rub rub rub rub rub)

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Charlie was a pretty happy little creature from the day I found him. He spent his first few hours in his "new" home marking his territory like a madman. Stopped that after a few days. And when he was at HiTor Shelter for a few days, even there he was a happy little troll The early picture does not do him justice really. But I always do wonder where he came from and from what environment he was released from. Will never know of course.

In April of 2000 a small Apricot Toy Poodle showed up on our doorstep when we lived in Monroe, NY. He was just sitting by a door (which meant food, bed, etc) and we got him inside. Adopted and for five years a happy little man until cancer came and he had to put to sleep. Again, we have no idea from where this dog came from.

Gifts from the proverbial gods really.

Return to “Off Topic”