Question

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
maps

Question

Postby maps » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:49 am

Has anyone here ever tried to walk across a solar cover while on a pool. Apperaently it acts like quicksand. Sounds fun. :)
"BLOOD WIL FOLLOW BLOOD
DYING TIME IS HERE
Damage incorporated"

Weapon X

Re: Question

Postby Weapon X » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 am

Also sounds dangerous. Some people have drowned from becoming tangled in pool covers. Be careful.

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:34 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:12 am

The question is an interesting one! There are others like me, who not only love mud and quicksand, but also being in water and being "trapped" in various other forms as well.

I've pondered this one a few times before. The question becomes how one would be able to do it safely and yet still enjoy it. Obviously it would be quite unsafe to attempt it alone.

Probably the best way to experiment would be to have an assistant nearby, and to do it only where the depth of the pool comes up to your chest. That way you wouldn't go completely under, while still feeling the sensation of being trapped.

It's certainly no different than those who enjoy mud bondage, although in this case the substance is not mud, but plastic and water. For that reason this message is probably in the wrong area, and should be in the official "off topic" section.

But I think it could end up being an interesting discussion!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:41 pm

I think the feeling should be like in vacuumbed :)
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Raidium

Postby Raidium » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Its quite close to that actually. I have done this once before at my parents house cause their pool is only 4 foot deep all the way around. It can be extremely dangerous! I had a rope tied to the deck and was only a good 5 feet from the edge and even then it was pretty intense. If you choose to try it, don't get too daring and remember, safety first! ^_^
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it..."

http://raidium.deviantart.com/

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 am

I decided to post a follow-up on this topic... even though it's a bit stale by now!

Just for fun I decided to give this a try, in a way. I've just finished digging my new quicksand pit. It's about 4' wide, 6' long and 7' deep. I put the liner in it last weekend, and filled it completely with water in order to "firm up" the sides of the pit.

However, it gave me an idea. I had a spare piece of 20'X20' plastic (4 mil) sheeting. So I put it on top of the pit, and tried sinking in.

With my natural buoyancy I was easily able to stay afloat. In fact, I sank less into the water than I expected. The plastic did indeed act quite like mud, in that it kept me suspended well above the "normal" level I would have achieved. But it did feel more like being in a VacBed or something similar. Only when I thrashed around a bit, to see what would happen, did it even remotely feel like being in a deep mud pit.

So my independent laboratory testing seems to indicate that this isn't a very good substitute for real mud!

Eddie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:53 am

"It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
"What's unpleasant about being drunk?"
"Ask a glass of water."

-Hitchhikers' guide to the galaxy

Billie Bonce wrote:I think the feeling should be like in vacuumbed :)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Off Topic”