Louise Fletcher leaves this world at 88

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
BogDog

Louise Fletcher leaves this world at 88

Postby BogDog » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:45 am

Louise Fletcher, whose Oscar-winning performance as the sadistic Nurse Ratched in 1975’s One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest gave Hollywood one of its greatest all-time villains and provided the culture with a portrait of bureaucratic evil so indelible that the character’s last name could carry a TV series 45 years later, died Friday at her home in Montdurausse, France. She was 88.

Her death was announced to Deadline by her family through agent David Shaul. Although no cause was specified, Shaul said she passed away in her sleep at the home she had built from a 300-year-old farmhouse, surrounded by family. Earlier today, she said to her family about her beloved home, “I can’t believe I created something so meaningful to my well-being.”

https://youtu.be/hGAaP9WthQo
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

PA Jack

Re: Louise Fletcher leaves this world at 88

Postby PA Jack » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:16 am

I saw the movie in the theater with my then girlfriend in college. It was one of the most powerful, best acted, films I have ever viewed, not just Nurse Ratched, but Nicholson and several of the supporting cast, including Billy. Louise Fletcher richly deserved her Best Actress award for this movie. The novel was narrated by the Chief - another very good supporting performance in the film. I think Ms. Fletcher’s performance will stand the test of time along with Bogart and Bergman. Another sad loss this year.

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:54 am

May you walk with the prophets Kai Winn.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:29 am

And not the first time she "died" if you count acting roles.

Still one of my favorite movies of the era. What an awesome actor she was: https://youtu.be/uFQrd2Y9R04
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:49 pm

I remember that movie and that scene. It stared Cristopher Walken and Natalie Wood. What was the name of that movie?
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:36 pm

Brainstorm.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Return to “Off Topic”