Robbie Coltrane

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Robbie Coltrane

Postby dlodoski » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:55 pm

RIP Hagrid. :cry:

This bums me out. The first time I saw him was in Nuns on the Run. It seems dated now, but it's a good flick. And once you see Mr. Coltrane in it, you'll always recognize him.

I was also very impressed with Cracker. I only saw a couple episodes, but was so impressed that I tried to find it on DVD a few years ago, but didn't have much luck. Maybe now it will receive some much needed re-release attention.

Ah well. He was one of those guys you really felt like you knew, even while he was putting on some great performances.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Robbie Coltrane

Postby dlodoski » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:56 pm

Ok, sometimes it's worth another try. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:15 pm

The Harry Potter movies had a wonderful and underrated cast of supporting actors playing various characters: Maggie Smith as Prof. McGonagall, Alan Rickman as Snape, Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix LeStrange ... However, I think no one brought the book character to life as much as Robbie Coltrane did with Hagrid in all eight movies. I did not know a whole lot about him as an actor and a person, though. It seems like he was quite a guy. Another in a line of sad but inevitable losses. RIP.

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:19 pm

Who remembers "Fitz"(Coltrane)'s self justifying rant in "Cracker" when, during a court-mandated session with Gamblers Anonymous, he gave a spirited defence of gambling ,denouncing anti-gamblers as hypocritical neo- Puritans trying to make a virtue out of their own cowardice, being too scared to take a chance, take a risk, put their fate in the hands of the gods. Finishing with "WE'RE not the ones with a problem. THEY are!" and the meeting breaks up as the group forms several "three card monte" schools.
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:38 pm

A lady friend of mine was living in a tower block in London during the 80s. One day she had a knock at the door. Opening, she saw Robbie Coltrane standing there with a sack on his back; she said, "Aren't you that Robbie Coltrane off the telly?"
"That's not the line," he replied, then he looked to one side, my friend followed his gaze and saw, down the other end of the landing, a full television crew; lights, cameras, mikes, everything.
"IT'S THE WRONG FUCKING FLAT!" exclaimed Coltrane.
They were making an episode of a sitcom, called "Snakes And Ladders", about life in Thatcher's Britain, and had gone to the wrong floor.
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Return to “Off Topic”