Interesting Sighting

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Theo

Re: Interesting Sighting

Postby Theo » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:40 am

Fred588 wrote:I asked because you seem to be seeing the same things. Maybe the SAME eagle.

Well, I bet there's probably more than one Bald Eagle out there ;) But who knows, they do fly around.

But regarding your comment about, to make matters worse, I was thinking about commenting on your "Look-See Visits" post that the leaves around here didn't last long either. A newcomer to the area asked me a few months back, "when do the leaves start changing around here?" And I replied most confidently: "end of October, or first week in November at the latest." And it's been so dry here, that by the first week of October, the leaves started changing. I can only imagine he now figures me to be a liar :?
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:27 pm

Bald Eagles are relatively common around here. We had a regular at Camp MPV and there's even one here in town near the plant where I work. Reelfoot Lake in West Tennessee is home to many of them.

Ben Franklin didn't want the Eagle as a national bird or emblem because they were scavengers. His alternate suggestion was the Turkey which he regarded as a "truly noble bird". Hard to imagine an F-15 Turkey ruling the skies in this day. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:36 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Bald Eagles are relatively common around here. We had a regular at Camp MPV and there's even one here in town near the plant where I work. Reelfoot Lake in West Tennessee is home to many of them.

Ben Franklin didn't want the Eagle as a national bird or emblem because they were scavengers. His alternate suggestion was the Turkey which he regarded as a "truly noble bird". Hard to imagine an F-15 Turkey ruling the skies in this day. :mrgreen:

Most of the "turkeys" got shot down during the Battle of the Philippine Sea in June 1944.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:03 am

I see red-tailed hawks and falcons all the time, but on Oct. 30 and 31st, I heard some owls. I hadn't see one since Dec. 31st 2019, so I was happy to at least hear some.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:15 am

rhinodynamo wrote:I see red-tailed hawks and falcons all the time, but on Oct. 30 and 31st, I heard some owls. I hadn't see one since Dec. 31st 2019, so I was happy to at least hear some.

Two owls having a conversation:

Who? Who
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:54 am

Several years ago there was a good size fire in a wash not far from my house *(took that fire department 3 hoours to knock down) Anyways a few nights later heard an owl hooting. Can assume that it was driven out by the fire. Should have seen my pet cat. Took her to the window and obviously didnt see it the cat was looking out wide eyed and ears perked up.
Somewhat recently in that same wash seen this coyote dart across the road. In that vary wash it's rumored to be haunted with people say they'd seen the ghousts of Spainish Conquistadors there (but that's another story)

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:40 am

Fred588 wrote:Two owls having a conversation:

Who? Who

Every once in a while, I hear a conversation between two owls near our place at night. If I remember correctly, the conversation between them is like:

[lower pitch]: Who who who-who who-who.
[pause...]
[higher pitch]: Who who who-who who-who.
[pause...]
[pause...]
[pause...]
[pause...]

And so on...

We also regularly see hawks soaring above our neighbourhood.

Here is one of the photos I snapped of a hawk in our backyard in 2013:

P1020047.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:15 am

Fred588 wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:Ben Franklin didn't want the Eagle as a national bird or emblem because they were scavengers. His alternate suggestion was the Turkey which he regarded as a "truly noble bird". Hard to imagine an F-15 Turkey ruling the skies in this day. :mrgreen:

Ironically, the "try-to-do-everything, best at nothing" F-111s turned out to be the turkeys. :lol:
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Return to “Off Topic”