Kevin Conroy

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
DarthMau

Kevin Conroy

Postby DarthMau » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:35 pm

Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy passes away.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1248823-kevin-conroy-obituary

OBI-wan

Re: Kevin Conroy

Postby OBI-wan » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:47 am

RIP Dark Knight.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:44 am

Aw, man. I just went & posted a similar topic earlier. Ah well.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:55 pm

"I am vengance! I am the night! I. AM. BATMAN.

One of my fav cartoons as a kid. RIP. :(
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:58 pm

It also introduced us to Harley Quinn.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:37 am

OBI-wan wrote:It also introduced us to Harley Quinn.

Really?! I was never a comic book guy, so I only knew Batman from the movies and the cartoons and a few video games. I never knew a Batman universe without her. Interesting though.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:50 am

Did you know he was gay?

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:08 am

Admittedly I never heard of the man until he passed. I was in my 30s during it's run and never watched the stylish Batman cartoon he voiced in.

As I read it yesterday:

Kevin Conroy, best known for voicing Batman on Warner Bros.’ long-running TV show “Batman: The Animated Series,” has died after a short battle with cancer. He was 66.

“Batman: The Animated Series” originally aired for 85 episodes on Fox Kids from 1992-1995. Conroy’s deep, gravelly Batman voice was widely acclaimed by critics and comic book fans, with many regarding the actor as the definitive Caped Crusader. The series also featured Mark Hamill’s memorable performance as the Joker.

“Kevin was perfection,” Hamill said in a statement. “He was one of my favorite people on the planet, and I loved him like a brother. He truly cared for the people around him – his decency shone through everything he did. Every time I saw him or spoke with him, my spirits were elevated.”

Conroy was so beloved for his Batman voice role that he continued with the character in various other DC projects, including the “Batman: Arkham” and “Injustice” video games franchises. He also appeared in various DC Universe Animated Original Movies, including “Batman: Gotham Knight” (2008), “Superman/Batman: Public Enemies” (2009), “Justice League: Doom” (2012), “Batman: The Killing Joke” (2016) and “Justice League vs. the Fatal Five” (2019), among other films. The 2019 “Justice League” animated film is Conroy’s last credited feature as Batman, and his most recent video game credit as Batman is Warner Bros.’ “MultiVersus” from earlier this year.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:10 am

BogDog wrote:Admittedly I never heard of the man until he passed. I was in my 30s during it's run and never watched the stylish Batman cartoon he voiced in.

As I read it yesterday:

Kevin Conroy, best known for voicing Batman on Warner Bros.’ long-running TV show “Batman: The Animated Series,” has died after a short battle with cancer. He was 66.

“Batman: The Animated Series” originally aired for 85 episodes on Fox Kids from 1992-1995. Conroy’s deep, gravelly Batman voice was widely acclaimed by critics and comic book fans, with many regarding the actor as the definitive Caped Crusader. The series also featured Mark Hamill’s memorable performance as the Joker.

“Kevin was perfection,” Hamill said in a statement. “He was one of my favorite people on the planet, and I loved him like a brother. He truly cared for the people around him – his decency shone through everything he did. Every time I saw him or spoke with him, my spirits were elevated.”

Conroy was so beloved for his Batman voice role that he continued with the character in various other DC projects, including the “Batman: Arkham” and “Injustice” video games franchises. He also appeared in various DC Universe Animated Original Movies, including “Batman: Gotham Knight” (2008), “Superman/Batman: Public Enemies” (2009), “Justice League: Doom” (2012), “Batman: The Killing Joke” (2016) and “Justice League vs. the Fatal Five” (2019), among other films. The 2019 “Justice League” animated film is Conroy’s last credited feature as Batman, and his most recent video game credit as Batman is Warner Bros.’ “MultiVersus” from earlier this year.

--------------

OBI-wan wrote:Did you know he was gay?

You should instead ask me "Do you care he was gay?".

No.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:38 am

BogDog wrote:
BogDog wrote:Admittedly I never heard of the man until he passed. I was in my 30s during it's run and never watched the stylish Batman cartoon he voiced in.

As I read it yesterday:

--------------

OBI-wan wrote:Did you know he was gay?

You should instead ask me "Do you care he was gay?".

No.

Neither do I.

Return to “Off Topic”