Kirstie Alley RIP

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
jadokast98

Kirstie Alley RIP

Postby jadokast98 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:32 am

"Kirstie Alley died following a "battle with cancer," according to her family. She was 71."

Thank you very much for your Quicksand scene. :| :cry:

https://youtu.be/jsBLzwXPPc4

BogDog

Re: Kirstie Alley RIP

Postby BogDog » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:11 am

This is turning into a really depressing forum room. :( Keep it alive regardless.

Kirstie Alley, a two-time Emmy-winning actor who rose to fame with her role as Rebecca Howe in the NBC comedy series “Cheers,” has died of cancer. She was 71.

Alley’s death was confirmed through her official social media presence, which shared a statement from her children.

“To all our friends, far and wide around the world… We are sad to inform you that our incredible, fierce and loving mother has passed away after a battle with cancer, only recently discovered,” reads the statement. “She was surrounded by her closest family and fought with great strength, leaving us with a certainty of her never-ending joy of living and whatever adventures lie ahead. As iconic as she was on screen, she was an even more amazing mother and grandmother.”

“We are grateful to the incredible team of doctors and nurses at the Moffitt Cancer Center for their care,” the statement continues. “Our mother’s zest and passion for life, her children, grandchildren and her many animals, not to mention her eternal joy of creating, were unparalleled and leave us inspired to live life to the fullest just as she did. We thank you for your love and prayers and ask that you respect our privacy at this difficult time.”

Rest In Peace.

Some fond memories: https://youtu.be/DtBa6gcrKWM
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:22 am

Wow what a shock! She did great movies" Star Trek Wrath Of Khan, Look Who's Talking I and II.
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:32 pm

she had a hard act to follow when Shelly Long left Cheers, and did it well
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:16 pm

I wish there was a Genesis planet.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:47 am

Nuts, I was a real fan. I followed her on Twitter for years and she was a hoot. Her last tweet was Happy Thanksgiving on the 24th. She didn't say anything about being sick. First time I saw her was her first film role as Lt. Saavik in Star Trek The Wrath of Khan. Never forgot that opening moment because she blew me away. Then came Cheers and I never missed an episode. She was a lot more entertaining there than she was as a beautiful emotionless Vulcan. I remember after the series was over they asked the cast who had the filthiest mouth and everyone said Kirstie. Then they asked who they would have raise their kids if something happened to them and they all said Kirstie. :D I think that says a lot. We got a good scene from her too as an evil doctor in Scream Queens. She was funny and nice and all that good stuff you want your celebrity types to be. She appeared to really enjoy being a grandmother as well. Great lady.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:37 pm

Many years ago, my mother and I attended a theatrical performance of Peter and the Wolf, produced by George Daugherty. He adored Kirstie Alley, and wanted her to appear in it. So he sent a copy of the script to her agent, who sent it back saying she was not interested. A friend suggested he send it to her pool boy, who forwarded it to her. She fell in love with the project, and signed up right away. Needless to say, she fired her agent.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Return to “Off Topic”