wind chill

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Fred588
Producer

wind chill

Postby Fred588 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:12 am

Take this storm seriously. Right now here at Studio 588 the temperature is 5F and the wind is 19 mph. That calculates to a wind chill of -26F, which is pretty cold.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

jagfiles

Re: wind chill

Postby jagfiles » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:36 am

Everyone better bundle up

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:00 pm

or just stay inside!
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:43 pm

Work got canceled today cause the heating system out in the plant won't be able to maintain a reasonable temp. Gonna be cold but got a nice early start to Christmas vacation. :D
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:40 pm

My work got canceled too. Customers didn't send enough for us to stay busy, so, I got an extra day off. I don't care since it took me eons to free my car and clear my driveway. I am in pretty good shape, but I don't think I've ever had a shoveling-out as bad as this one. This is the first time I ever stopped to take breaks to warm up enough to be totally sure I was not getting frostbitten anywhere.

I started my car, turned the heat up on high and used it as a warming house. Fingers numb? Get in and let the hot air blow at 'em. Feet chilly? Change the settings and it blows at your toes.

Usually I can just keep up a steady pace and stay warm burning calories. You could even look at it as being good exercise.

But not this time!

Nessie

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:44 pm

Just saw the forecast in the news. Looks really bad, hope you have already found a place to stay save.
Over here in central Europe it has been quite frosty until a few days ago and then it did start raining all the time. In fact perfect mud-season currently... ;)
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:54 am

Getting ready to outside the last few days reminds me of this movie scene: https://youtu.be/-hyLOfDIJck?t=45

And I feel and look like I'm in a space suit too lol :lol:

Luckily, I don't have no where's to go now until mid-week next week :D
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:27 pm

Nessie wrote:... This is the first time I ever stopped to take breaks to warm up enough to be totally sure I was not getting frostbitten anywhere.

I started my car, turned the heat up on high and used it as a warming house. Fingers numb? Get in and let the hot air blow at 'em. Feet chilly? Change the settings and it blows at your toes.

Usually I can just keep up a steady pace and stay warm burning calories. You could even look at it as being good exercise.

But not this time!

Nessie

If you think it's cold then it must really be cold. This is the first time we've touched negative temps in decades. Waited my entire life to see a white Christmas and now I'm done with it. Current forecast for New Years Eve is 65F. Much more my speed.

The best way to test the temp is to look at the dogs. I've got a couple of 80-90 pound Pit Bulls who charge outside like Malamutes and are back at the door a minute later. They are well accustomed to a life of leisure as it is. I picked up a stray hound dog pup last summer, while taking pictures with Summer no less, and while she's proved to be rather hardy she spent last night under a blanket on the couch.

One big advantage to living in a "historic" (old) house is having a gas space heater that I replaced with a new one last year so I pretty much got heat no matter what. I've had six months supply of everything in the house since COVID which virtually guarantees that it will never be needed. I have lost cable and internet for the last 36 hours and am currently connected on the MPV backup circuit courtesy of Dave's old Verizon hot spot that I forgot was in my backpack. Thanks Boss. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:31 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote: ...I have lost cable and internet for the last 36 hours and am currently connected on the MPV backup circuit courtesy of Dave's old Verizon hot spot that I forgot was in my backpack. Thanks Boss. :mrgreen:

No problem.

Gotta keep copyright1@mudpuddlevisuals.com online. :mrgreen:
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:40 pm

I didn't lose power but I definitely helped PPL turn a profit. :) Took 3 electric space heaters and the furnace going full blast all night to keep the house comfortable. I'm pretty well insulated but homes around here are just not constucted to deal with temps that low, especially when combined with strong winds.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”