To those no longer with us....

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
PA Jack

Re: To those no longer with us....

Postby PA Jack » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:07 am

OBI-wan wrote:Eric Carmen, 74.

Just last week, I heard both Raspberries hits “Go All the Way” and I “I Wanna Be With You” within the same hour on two different satellite radio channels in the car (I was banging the steering wheel). They are quintessential, hard driving guitar pop songs, with great vocals, as well. I can vaguely play them on my Strat, but can’t come close to the original guitar work. Eric Carmen was the driving force there, and the songs bring back high school and college for me. RIP.

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:56 am

W. Emmet Walsh, 88
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Fri May 10, 2024 8:46 am

This one's personal. :(

"Taffy", my little 16-year-old Chihuahua who passed away this morning. She has been with me since she was a newborn. I was so attached to this little girl that I am a total mess right now. Tonight I will go to bed without her sleeping at my side for the first time in over a decade and a half. I doubt I will get any sleep (I am literally hyperventalating as I type this...)

Indulge me as I try to cope. I'm not good at this, though no stranger to losing pets She was special.

Taffy, 2 weeks old:
IMG_1372.JPG

4 weeks:
IMG_1695.JPG

Taffy at 6 weeks and her mother Angel:
IMG_2052.JPG

Photo taken January 2024, posing with my 12-year old cat "Molly" (They grew up playing together when Taffy was 3 and Molly was a kitten):
20240107_090626.jpg

I may add a few pics later if I run across any worthwhile. This DOES help me deal with this loss a bit. Thanks for that.

Lastly, a clip from a month ago of Taffy barking in her sleep as she has a dream. I wonder what she was dreaming of? I will miss her so goddamn much. This stuff is all I have of her now.

https://youtu.be/Gai47bkMPvc

Rest in peace my little one. I will always love you so.

Bless all of you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri May 10, 2024 11:58 am

BogDog wrote:...Rest in peace my little one. I will always love you so.

Bless all of you.

I feel for you guy. :(

I ranted to someone once about how messed up it was that God only gave us 14 or so years of time with the best buddies we ever have. And the retort was about how much more painful it would be if it was longer.

Hang in there. It gets better, but it never really goes away. (It shouldn't.)
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Fri May 10, 2024 9:46 pm

BogDog wrote:This one's personal. :(
Rest in peace my little one. I will always love you so.

Bless all of you.

My heartfelt sympathies for your loss, BogDog. :(
The time we have with our furry family members is certainly way too short, but also all the sweeter for it.
As someone who has had them all my life, it's crushing but it does in fact ease over time. Personally, I'm thankful that it never fully goes away because that would mean it wasn't as special we thought. And we know that's not the case.
Your pics of her are adorable and that little video was precious. I always wonder what they're dreaming about too. Probably chasing squirrels or something. lol I wonder if they ever catch them.

BogDog wrote:This stuff is all I have of her now.

Not true, my friend. You have 16 years worth of wonderful memories with her and a warm spot in your heart and soul that will stay warm forever.

Bless you too, Brother.
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Return to “Off Topic”