Of Mouse Jigglers and Karma Asserting Itself

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Of Mouse Jigglers and Karma Asserting Itself

Postby Mynock » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:37 am

I found out via some IT skullduggery yesterday that one of my remote from home coworkers has "mousejiggler.exe" installed on his work laptop.

If you don't know (I had never heard of this) it's a program that makes the mouse cursor move randomly around your screen, which makes you look like you're being active and productive......what a coincidence.....this is the same guy who's internet is always down, or his power went out, or his cat spilled his beer I mean his soda on his laptop and that's totally why he didn't get shit done.

Here's a tip: If you wanna' fuck off while working from home, it's probably a bad idea to not be at least in the general vicinity of your computer.

Another tip: If you are gonna' leave the general vicinity of your computer, don't answer the phone, especially a random number. That number just might be your pissed off coworker calling you from his girlfriends phone (oh yea bro sorry my phones broke, had to borrow one) and putting you on speaker phone with your boss.

One more tip: If you find yourself in this situation, just give up. You're caught. Beg forgiveness and hope you still have a iob tomorrow. Do not, repeat, do not leave the bar you are at with 5 beers in you and attempt to drive home stammering excuses and crash your car into a ditch and end up going to jail. Getting fired will be the least of your problems. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Re: Of Mouse Jigglers and Karma Asserting Itself

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:45 am

Oh my. Do I see the germ of a scene idea here?
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:17 am

Yes, I know mouse jiggler. Used to use it to keep my screen from locking out. I'm always in the office at work but my job is making it possible for all the others to work remotely. Always suspicious about who is actually doing anything. Sounds like your co-worker got greedy and shot himself in the foot.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:02 am

I just want to add that I'm generally not a narc. I have a job that requires weeks or in some cases months long commitments to projects with deadlines that have to be met. What you do in between doesn't really matter as long as your job is done by that date. If you don't meet that date, that's when the outhouse collides with the windmill.

So if you're on track, and have a day where you're just not feeling it and wanna fuck off at work, that's fine with me. I've had those days, you've had those days, we've all had those days.

But this was a pattern of behavior that's been going on for better than six months. This bro thought he was gonna just sit home get drunk and play COD while still pulling a paycheck and expecting me to pick up the slack. Today was the day I decided that shit was NOT gonna fly anymore. Hindsight being 20/20 I should've done this months ago.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

DangerGirl

Postby DangerGirl » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:26 am

Not familiar with mouse jigglers, but running a video on repeat on Windows Media Player will also keep your screen from locking out. I use that technique when I'm doing other work not on my computer and don't want to repeatedely log back in every 15 minutes.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:23 pm

How odd to see this topic today, only having just read this article below yesterday.

Like they use to say, "Big Brother is watching you" ("1984" reference).

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/remote-w ... 00582.html

A Canadian accountant has been ordered to repay her employer for "time theft" after the company's tracking software determined that she was performing personal tasks while she claimed to be working. The court ruling marks one of the first instances in which such technology has been used to order a worker to repay an employer for slacking off on the job.

The court decision comes as more companies install tracking software on workers' computers to detect keystrokes and clicks to ensure they focus on work-related tasks while doing their jobs remotely. Some critics say this kind of surveillance amounts to spying and infringes on employees' basic rights.

Besse said that in February 2022 she initiated meetings with her manager to improve her productivity. Her employer then installed time-tracking software called TimeCamp on her work-issued laptop.

A month later, Reach said it found that Besse was behind schedule on her work. The company also noticed a discrepancy between the time-tracking software's record of her activity and how she manually recorded her time. Between February 22 and March 25, the firm said Besse had logged nearly 51 hours on her timesheets during which she did not engage in work-related tasks, based on the tracking software's log.

Screen-capture videos recorded by TimeCamp ultimately proved that she engaged in time theft, according to the Civil Resolution Tribunal, Canada's first online court. The videos show which documents a user opens and for how long they interact with them, while the software distinguishes between work and non-work activities, such as streaming video. It also classified such activities as "personal" versus "work activity."

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Return to “Off Topic”