Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Zorah Valtero

Re: Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

Postby Zorah Valtero » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:08 pm

Family photo. I just love my job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:23 am

Zorah Valtero wrote:Family photo. I just love my job.

I spy with my little eye what looks to be my P30SK sitting down there (unless it’s a Walther?)! She used to be my carry until I picked up my Canik
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:35 pm

Fascinating guns there.

My brother had a gun store for decades. In California, so no full-autos then. He just closed it and retired last year.

Kyle--Rick-Dodge-Web_t479.jpg

Dodge-City-Shooters-Supply-Web-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:08 pm

Wow those are some nice Bucks and one hell of an Elk too.....I've been Deer hunting off and on for almost 30 years but never got one worthy of the Taxidermist.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Zorah Valtero

Postby Zorah Valtero » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:56 am

TK421 wrote:I spy with my little eye what looks to be my P30SK sitting down there (unless it’s a Walther?)! She used to be my carry until I picked up my Canik
That's a Walther, definitely. P22Q, before they added the decocker. It's just a .22LR, but it's a fun little plinker. It's picky on ammo, though. Best luck I've had is running CCI, but then again, I did have a blowout on that one. Rim of the case ruptured and I got blasted in the face with hot propellant. Nothing serious though.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:16 pm

Mynock wrote:Wow those are some nice Bucks and one hell of an Elk too.....I've been Deer hunting off and on for almost 30 years but never got one worthy of the Taxidermist.

He really got into it, even flying to South America for ram and Alaska for bear. Not sure what he's gonna do with them all now.

Rick-Dodge-Bows-Web.jpg

UNFORTUNATELY, my nephew (seen in the first photo standing next to my bro) got really stupid. Maybe you remember seeing this in the news?: https://www.independent.com/2020/12/07/ ... g-charges/

An employee making illegal sales in the late 1990s screwed over my bro once too and almost cost him the business. The DEA took about 200 guns and he was only able to get about 50 back. Lost hundreds of thousands of $.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:29 pm

BogDog wrote:
Mynock wrote:Wow those are some nice Bucks and one hell of an Elk too.....I've been Deer hunting off and on for almost 30 years but never got one worthy of the Taxidermist.

He really got into it, even flying to South America for ram and Alaska for bear. Not sure what he's gonna do with them all now.

Rick-Dodge-Bows-Web.jpg

UNFORTUNATELY, my nephew (seen in the first photo standing next to my bro) got really stupid. Maybe you remember seeing this in the news?: https://www.independent.com/2020/12/07/ ... g-charges/

An employee making illegal sales in the late 1990s screwed over my bro once too and almost cost him the business. The DEA took about 200 guns and he was only able to get about 50 back. Lost hundreds of thousands of $.

Wow! That’s insane! These people need to smarten up. It’s all fun and games until your file is sitting on a local field agent’s desk of an alphabet agency. What is worse is, as you just shown, it almost always drags in unsuspecting people who genuinely are just trying to earn a living off their passion. We just had an FFL up here get pinched because he was discovered to have been allowing straw purchases in which one firearm was used in a shooting in Boston and as a result ALL FFLs in the state are being scrutinized.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:37 pm

Zorah Valtero wrote:
TK421 wrote:I spy with my little eye what looks to be my P30SK sitting down there (unless it’s a Walther?)! She used to be my carry until I picked up my Canik
That's a Walther, definitely. P22Q, before they added the decocker. It's just a .22LR, but it's a fun little plinker. It's picky on ammo, though. Best luck I've had is running CCI, but then again, I did have a blowout on that one. Rim of the case ruptured and I got blasted in the face with hot propellant. Nothing serious though.

Wow, really?! That’s interesting to hear as my friends never had issues with their Germans but I’m not sure if anyone is running a P22Q. I had a FTF/FTE in my friends PPS but he was running some crappy imported brass ammo that he got because TS USA had it cheap. Ran fine with Winchester white box though
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri May 05, 2023 4:20 pm

TK421 wrote:Wow! That’s insane! These people need to smarten up. It’s all fun and games until your file is sitting on a local field agent’s desk of an alphabet agency. What is worse is, as you just shown, it almost always drags in unsuspecting people who genuinely are just trying to earn a living off their passion. We just had an FFL up here get pinched because he was discovered to have been allowing straw purchases in which one firearm was used in a shooting in Boston and as a result ALL FFLs in the state are being scrutinized.

Straw buying is a problem around here too. Scumbags from Philly mostly. They think if they drive a few hours out into the sticks the country folk won't notice them buying ten pistols with a backpack full of cash.

Seriously, actually happened--One of the local shops had a woman come in a few years ago, tried to buy ten used pistols with literally a backpack full of cash. Could you be more obvious? Luckily the guy had the ethics and good sense not to make the sale, called the cops, and they ended up arresting her.

It's gotta be tempting for a small buisness to make a huge sale like that, especially if the paperwork goes through and you're technically not breaking the law. Kudo to people with ethics and morals.
--Sun Tzu

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:53 am

Finally finished off the Five Seven this weekend. Ammo prices came down a lot recently, managed to pick up a decent amount of rounds for a not so indecent price and I caught a PSA flash sale for a built lower in FDE. Added a few other Magpul goodies and a Vortex Viper to finish her off.

Action was sticky at first but smoothed out after the first 5-10 rounds. I only had one mag on me at the time but did manage to get the Viper dialed in left/right, but was still shooting a little low when I ran dry. Not a bad first outing though. 8-)

AR-Five Seven.JPG
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”