Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
TK421

Re: Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

Postby TK421 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:40 am

Zorah Valtero wrote:Looking nice! Have you considered night sights, though? They're pretty essential if you plan to carry at night. I didn't realize how valuable they were until I needed to use mine after dusk.

^This. Even though I run RMR, I have cowitness night sights and they are a game changer.

PS: I am pretty mean with that staple gun LOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:16 pm

I had thought about night sites but the Hi-Vis were kind of a budgetary decision. Thanks for the input, definitely going to rethink that.....
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Zorah Valtero

Postby Zorah Valtero » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:43 am

Mynock wrote:I had thought about night sites but the Hi-Vis were kind of a budgetary decision. Thanks for the input, definitely going to rethink that.....
If budget is a concern, give Night Fision a look. They're super bright, and they'll only run you about $100 in most cases. I've got them on two of my pistols, and honestly, I don't know how I shot without them.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:04 am

Zorah Valtero wrote:
Mynock wrote:I had thought about night sites but the Hi-Vis were kind of a budgetary decision. Thanks for the input, definitely going to rethink that.....
If budget is a concern, give Night Fision a look. They're super bright, and they'll only run you about $100 in most cases. I've got them on two of my pistols, and honestly, I don't know how I shot without them.

I concur! Night Vision is amaziballs! My buddy has them on his Shadow Systems MR920 and they are absolutely amazing sights.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:33 pm

I had toyed with the idea of putting a little red dot on it. That seems to be the fad nowadays. :D
--Sun Tzu

Zorah Valtero

Postby Zorah Valtero » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:25 am

Red dots are fun, but they're something you have to put a lot of effort into training with. And I mean like, dry fire practice every single day. They're a whole different animal. I'm more comfortable with irons, personally.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:17 am

Zorah Valtero wrote:Red dots are fun, but they're something you have to put a lot of effort into training with. And I mean like, dry fire practice every single day. They're a whole different animal. I'm more comfortable with irons, personally.

I personally tell people if you can’t shoot right with irons, then don’t try RMR. It’s a waste of money at that point because sight acquisition, to your point, takes a lot of range time to master. I’ve gotten substantially better with it but I am still more comfortable and an advocate of iron sights. Simple, failsafe and it just works.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:24 am

Mynock wrote:I had toyed with the idea of putting a little red dot on it. That seems to be the fad nowadays. :D

Eh, not a fad really. It is better once you get past the learning stages but there are just so many variables that can nullify it’s usefulness in a real world scenario. Bright light/direct sunlight, bad battery, broken glass and don’t get me started on the constant cleaning of the glass if you carry concealed. Irons are always a solid choice.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:09 am

I took to the Vortex Viper I on the my 5.7 rifle pretty good. I just sat one day and adjusted the sites bit by bit till when I shouldered it the bullet went where the dot was. Seems pretty robust but I'm sure of you dropped the gun wrong it would break. Batteries are also an issue.
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”